Chapter 1 : Absolutely Crazy

Start from the beginning

"But Hannah, you know that Mordecai is fine na."

Betrayal...

At that moment, it was like as if I should just kill the girl. I looked at her in disbelief. Mordecai was clearly enjoying the show. I just shook my head and folded my arms, the game was not over.

"Yes, I am." He agreed with Dami, "every girl thinks I'm hot. Just ask your friend, Yasmina."

Dami froze. "What?"

Oh shit.

I gulped. "Since when was Yasmina your friend? I don't understand." Dami glowered, completely unhypnotized by Mordecai's beauty.

Now Mordecai was confused. "Aren't you all friends? I mean I can remember some years back when Hannah was graduating from Ju-"

"Well yes, Dami you know Yasmina na. Yasmina Ogie. The girl we met at the Market Square." I cut him off.

Dami relaxed. "Oh." She said. She was probably thinking it was the Yasmina. The Yasmina that was my bully and she was right. I felt bad for lying to her though.

Then wham! My mom came out of nowhere with her make up done, all ready to drop us at the air port.

"Hannah, you're going to Lagos from here ba?" Favor said as she came out along with my mom.

I narrowed my eyes at her. So she appeared after she disappeared? As if she knew the reason for my expression, she sheepishly shrugged. And if you're wondering, I didn't answer her question. We loaded our stuff in the trunk and then we hopped into the car. Mordecai sat in front with my mom and Dami, Favor and I sat at the back. She drove her red Camry out of the compound as soon as our gateman, Mohammed, opened the sliding gate.

A few minutes later we were at the Benin airport. We paid our entrance fee, drove in, found a nice parking spot closer to the entrance of the airport and came down. I took out my luggage, with Favor's help of course. Dami was too busy ogling at Mordecai to even bother to help me.

"Dami, Abeg come and carry this bag." Favor said, holding out her arm to give Dami a bag that resembled what campers carried.

Dami on the other hand scrunched up her nose. "But you are carrying it na."

"Help. Me. "

Dami quickly took it from Favor. I didn't know what secret message they were sending, but Favor clearly won. From the smile I saw on her face and the frown Dami wore were enough to prove it. I carried a back pack on my back and a trolley on my right hand. Favor helped me with a little Ghana-must-go was held on her right arm and her phone was at her left. While Dami held my camping-like bag on her left arm with her phone on her right. Then Mordecai was dragging his trolley with ease and typing away on his phone.

All of us marched into the airport with our heads high.

"You guys should stay together oh." My mom told us like we were little kids. We looked amongst ourselves and snickered silently.

She did all she needed to do for us and we went to the direction of the plane. It would be leaving in 15 minutes."Eh Eh," Dami started, "so you are now an American baby now abi?"

I blushed.

"Hannah be calling us oh. Always call. If you forget us just like that we will kill you."

Dami's phone chimed. She took it out and read aloud, "we are on our way." She said." Its Vincent oh." She told me.

Favor rolled her eye balls. "By this time? She will soon leave na."