Edna

Theo's pov

"Are you, I mean do you still want to go to the store?" Liam asked me looking worried and angry, "Um yeah I need a few things from there but if you'd like I can drop you off and after I can just go to yours." I said offering a small smile,
"No that's fine we'll go together." Was all he said before looking out the window.
The drive to the store was short and silent
"Uh are you okay?" I asked Liam before getting out of the care, "Mmhm I'm just being a little stupid and over thinking things." He said with a small smile but his heart skipped a beat. "Do you need a hug?" I asked getting out the same time he did, He nodded.

So I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He wrapped his arms around my neck and I could smell the anger and worry rolling away and turn into happiness and contentment. "All better?" I asked with a smile, "Yeah all better." He smiled but lied again. I know, I made him feel a little better at least. We walked into the store and I picked up a basket. I went to grab deodorant, a tooth brush, a few things for my hair, and tea
"Uh I kinda have to hold off for a while is that okay if I use your shampoo and stuff?" I asked Liam, it was mostly true.

I still have money for food and stuff which would count to my shampoo things but I kinda wanted to smell like Liam. I needed to save up until I could get a job. He nodded with a small smile and I walked over to a cashier, I put my things down and waited for her to scan it. "Alright fifteen dollars." She winked at me, I felt disgusted. Liam just laughed I assume he could smell it but he also just smelt like anger now. Is he jealous? No he can't be, he's probably just upset at the fact that Hayden said what she said. "Here you go ma'am." I gave her a smile with teeth and the money she asked for.

"Can I give you my number?" She smiled at me I thought about for a moment before asking. "Don't you work at the diner near here?" She nodded, "So I heard they're hiring. I'll see you there and maybe you could give me your number after putting in a good word about me, I'm trying to find a job." I smiled at her and she nodded. "See you soon cutie." Was all she said before I left, "I'm gonna stop by the diner really quick to say hi to Edna. She's a really nice old lady, I asked her about getting a job a week ago she told me to stop by today that way I won't have to have that bitches number." I said getting in and driving off. Liam just nodded and looked out the window.

The ride there was again silent and short since the diner was half way between Liam's house and the store. "I'll be back in five and if I'm not come look for me." I said looking at Liam he just nodded and looked out the window. Damn I wish I knew what was wrong so I could fix it.
I got out of my truck and walked into the restaurant, "Theo hun it's been a while." Edna smiled at me, I walked toward her and gave her a hug. "So I finally have somewhere to stay and I'm trying to get things into line again. I have some money from the house I sold but I really need this job Edna." I said looking at her with pleading eyes. "Oh Theo, you had the job from the start when can you start? Oh and where are you staying? And who's that boy you like?" She asked so many questions it's hard to know if she'll actually remember the answers.

"Tomorrow, I'm staying with that boy Liam and I think he's a bit down but he should be better soon." I said waiting because it's probably been three minutes and Liam is inpatient. "Oh good so you start right after school so that you can you get off at nine. you'll get paid uh 11.25 an hour don't tell anyone because no one else is getting paid that much but you need it and you can take the tips off the tables you serve that's it dig it?" She asked
"Got it, also are you sure? 11.25 is a lot of money. I mean I know I only got 54000 from selling the house and that's really cheap for a house but I mean it's enough right?" I asked I really didn't want to mess this up.

"Don't worry about it Theo I own this restaurant. I'm old our food taste good and in my will, I think I might leave this restaurant to one of my grand kids or you so 11.25 is doable it you don't tell everyone else." She smiled at me I hugged her. "Thank you so much." I meant it this time, "What days don't you want to work?" she said asking me and I'm thankful she did. "I can work everyday but on the weekend can I work the morning shift from 5 to 10." I said thinking about how waking up at 5 am is really going to suck but it's fine. "Yeah that's fine so everyday from Monday to Friday 7 hour shifts then Saturday and Sunday 6 hour shifts?" She said asking to make sure she was correct.

I nodded, "Alright you got the job all you have to-." She was interrupted by a 'Theo'
"Hey Liam, come meet Edna." I said grabbing his hand and dragging him to the nice lady sitting in a chair, "Hello you must be Liam." She said smiling while sticking her hand out for him to shake,
"Well yes, that is me." He smiled at her while shaking her hand.