Chapter 20 - Losing That Pie

Start from the beginning

Pinkie nods strongly. "Yes. Is there a problem?" She snaps, raising an eyebrow, eyes flicking from one face to the next.

Twilight steps forward, her purple mane has a single pink streak going through it. "Yes, there is," she replies, before looking back at me. I stand up to show my full height, which is just a little smaller than Celestia herself. "What is she talking about? Did you do something to her?" Twilight asks, glowing her horn threateningly.

I put my hands up in surrender, shaking my head. "No, no. I wouldn't. I couldn't! Pinkie's my daughter, I love her."

Celestia's eyes wander across the room, holding a silence in the room. "Tell me... how long has Pinkie been here?" Celestia inquires, breaking the silence.

I gulp and glance up at her. I don't want to say it. I really don't want to say it. "How long according to you?" I ask, my voice shaky.

"Just about... fifteen days ago. Pinkie came over to my castle while I was working on a spell. She got in the way and... well, she disappeared. It took me a while, but I finally found out how to increase a spell of finding gems to finding specific ponies... that's how we got here," Twilight explains.

I look slowly from one pony's face to another, before taking a shaky breath, shuffling out of the closet into the middle of my bedroom with Pinkie and saying, "Pinkie's been here for fifteen years," I say loudly.

"What?" Everypony exclaims in unison.

"I found Pinke in a cardboard box, abandoned in an alleyway by chance... I took her in, raised her as my own," I continue, "She's opened up a whole new world for me. She's helped me through tough times, as I have helped her."

Pinkie's mane starts to deflate a little. "You mean... I don't belong here?" Celestia puts a hoof on her shoulder and nods. "But... but..." she stares at the ground in shock, before glaring up at me. "You never told me! You lied to me!"

"Pinkie, I'm sorry, I... I didn't want you to know," I half whisper.

"It's time to go," Celestia half orders.

"No!" Pinkie screams, running over to me and hugging my leg, shaking, "Please," she begs, looking up at me with pleading eyes, her hair getting straighter by the minute, "Mommy, please don't let them get me!" Holy crap, it's just like that dream I had all those years ago, "I know I don't belong here, but I wanna stay here with you! I wanna play Avengers with you and blow out the candles on my birthday cake and count down to midnight on New Year's Eve and... and..."

I kneel down to her height and put a forefinger under her chin so she makes eye contact with me. I wipe away the tears that trickle down her cheeks. "It's okay, Pinks..." I say, but trail off. If I talk any more, I know I will cry, and that's something I don't like to do in front of Pinkie.

She pulls me into a tight hug, and I hug back. "I never want to let go," she whines, crying into my shoulder.

"Neither do I," I half whisper as a tear trails its way down my cheek. Reluctantly, I pull away. "Pinkie," I start, "Thank you... thank you. You have changed me, made me a better person... Thank you."

"No," says Applejack, "We should thank you."

"Me?" I ask incredulously.

Fluttershy nods. "Yes."

"Why, dear, you have taken care of our friend, Pinkie," Rarity smiles sadly, obviously holding back tears of her own.

"You have helped her belong in a world where she doesn't," Twilight says.

"I'd do it all over if I could," I say sadly, hugging Pinkie from the side.

Rainbow Dash trots up to me and pulls me into a hug un expectantly. She whispers in my ear, "I had a dad here who did the same thing. I've been in Pinkie's situation, I know what it's like. So Thank you."