Chapter one

Younghee's Pov

Hi. I'm Younghee. Kim Younghee. I lived and I grew up in New York. But my family and I are koreans. To be honest, I really wanted to try going to the place where I belong. I can't bare knowing that I'm a pure blooded Korean but doesn't even know anything about my own country...

And now, I can find myself standing at the rooftop of our school... Just one more year of books and studies then I can finally go to Korea... I have been dreaming of a life in Korea...

I'm feeling the cold 'New York' kind of breeze.... It was the day after summer... First day of class is about to start... And I'm still a nerd who is studying hard just to fulfill my dream... I have a bestfriend named Sofia. I have spent everything with her for, like, half of my life.

Sofia: What are you doing there? Classes are about to begin! You dont wanna be late for the first day of class do you?

"Right, another difficult year of studies"

Sofia: Oh, come on, don't be so dramatic and come here now...

"Right, right...By the way, remember you said that you'd go back to Korea? Can I come with you?"

Sofia: Sure, I'll ask my mom. But first we'll go to our classrooms...

Sofia pulled my arm directly towards our classrooms.

Let me tell you a thing about my bestfriend Sofia Chwe, first of all, she acts like I can't survive a day without her... .... Is it normal for bestfriends to be that 'overprotective'? And second, She has a brother named Hansol Vernon Chwe... And he also studies here. Both of them are half blooded korean and american. Hansol and I have the same age. But we eventually dont know each other yet.

I know it may sound a bit weird but believe me, it's true, I dont even know what he look like.

Anyways, I have always been second top in class... The person who is always first in class was this guy named Soonyoung. Kwon Soonyoung.

He had those cute little smart eyes. Like, literally little... As in, small... And also those squeeshy lil cheeks...And He also has a nerdy vibe within him... We knew each other for five years but we still didn't develop any kind of friendship. But, my mom always tells me to

And, he and I always seat at the front but we're both on the opposite sides on the front row... So that's why we don't communicate much...

Adviser: Good morning class... Let me first introduce myself, my name's William Hooke... I'm gonna be your adviser for the year... I hope to earn your respect and gratitude. Anyways, why don't we start our first day by introducing ourselves?

All students: Yes, sir William!

Sir William: Let's start with you...

He pointed at Soonyoung...

Soonyoung stood up proudly

Soonyoung: Good morning, my name's Kwon Soonyoung. I have been loyal to this school and studied here for eight years. I'm 17 years of age. And my reason of studying hard is to help my family and to reach my hopes and dreams... I hope I'll get along with each of you... Thank you

He bowed and then sat back...

Sir William: Very good, Carry on...

My classmates continued on introducing themselves... There's one named James Robert. And another is named Ericka Prieffer... Then there's also Daisy Wilsthon and Adam Wilsthon.

And when it's my turn, I stood up immediately...

"Hello my name's Kim Younghee. I am 17 years of age and I studied in this school for six years. I'm actually a korean living in New York. I just said that to inform those who doesn't know about it yet. Anyways, I hope to know you guys better... Thank you..."