23. Senior vice-president

And how am I supposed to turn this on? It won't turn on!

"Did you try the buttons on the back of the TV?"

Misty was sitting on the kitchen counter. She's gotten home earlier than Ash because he had a reunion with President.

What but—I don't want this TV! I want my old TV! Where did Ash take it?

"It wasn't working anymore, Mrs. Ketchum."

This is a cheap TV! Mine was better and easy to use!

Misty sighed. "If you could just find the remote, you'd switch it on easily."

I don't lose anything in my house! Ash probably took it with him to Goldenrod the same way he brought the slutty underwear to my house! 

Misty blinked.  "Uhm, anyway? Did you try looking in the sofa? Behind the pillows?"

I've lived in this house for thirty-seven years and I know every corner by heart. I tell you; this remote is not here.

"Did you look in the sofa?"

I said I've li—oh, I think I sat—...

Misty tried not to laugh. She looked up when she heard the door of the apartment being unlocked. It was Ash. "Did you find the remote, Mrs. Ketchum?"

What kind of remote is this? It's twice the size of my hand!

"Click on the red top button." Misty got off the counter and kissed Ash on the lips. He took his suit jacket off. "Is it working?"

Misty gasped after Delia ended the call brutally. She laughed. "Your mom hung up on my face!"

Ash threw his jacket to the couch. "I've been there too."

"Well, it means she could finally switch on the TV."

"It smells nail polish around here. I'm suffocating." He headed to the bedroom and started taking off his clothes. "Emotionally and physically."

She stood at the door. "Oh, yeah?"

"Well, I can't go out without your permission, I can't order latte with whipped cream." He hung his button-down shirt inside the closet. "I can't breathe fresh air."

"It's called dating Misty Williams." She hugged him from behind and put her head on his back.

"I want my mom."

Ash chuckled after Misty gave him a playful slap.

"What have you been up to?" She hugged him tight. "What did President want?"

"Paperwork, just usual stuff." Ash pulled away and walked to his nightstand. He sat on the bed and took off his watch. "We had dinner."

"Really?" Misty put her arms behind her. She's made dinner and was waiting for Ash so they can eat together, but she thought there was no need to tell him this at this point. It was the whole point of calling Delia anyway. She's called her to ask about how to take care of some cooking business. "That's good."

Ash was lying down on his belly and scrolling down on his phone when Misty joined him on the bed.

She put her leg on his. "You're different."

He turned around. "Different?"

"Yeah." She felt something. "You have something in mind."

He turned to lay on his side, looking her in the eye. "I do."

"I know you do." Misty propped herself up with her elbow. "Is it concerning work?"

"Uhm." Ash looked away.