Luke continues singing, much to my pleasure. I can never get enough of his voice; he could sing 24/7 (which he usually does anyways) and I'd never mind. I thrown on some eyeliner, straightening my hair in record time and slipping back into the room to find Luke pulling his skinny jeans the rest of the way up and zipping them. He has two shirts picked out, one a light blue to dark charcoal gray ombré tank top and the other his green day baseball tee.

He holds them up in front of him so I can see them.

"Which one do you think?" He questions, looking down at them.

I flick my eyes back and forth, but I keep finding myself freezing on the sliver of bare abdomen poking out between the edges of the shirts. It's toned and I have to consciously make myself look elsewhere.

"Hmmmmm, do the blue. We'll match," I tease, gesturing to my dress with a grin before going over to my bag and trying to find shoes.

I sit out three pairs of 5 inch heels with a sigh. Luke looks down with a chuckle.

"Ty?"

I nod with a grimace. "Would it be totally unacceptable to wear black vans to a club?"

"No, it'd be a very Jordan like thing to do. I like it," he grins before heading to the bathroom to fix his hair. Knowing it only takes a few minutes for Luke's disheveled look, I go ahead and put my shoes on, grabbing my phone and texting Ty again.

WAIT WHO AM I SUPPOSED TO DANCE WITH

lucas. duh

WHY IS THAT A DUH

Small dots indicating she's typing appear and disappear quickly. I hear Luke's phone ding from the bed, and I'm about to grab it but he walks in. I watch him carefully as he reads his screen, eyebrow furrowing in confusion. I start to ask what it says, but a bang on the door makes us both jump.

I swing the door open to find Calum standing there. His eyes pop a little when I come out and I spot Ashton leaning against the wall on the other side of the hallway with a smirk.

"Damn Jo, I haven't seen you in a dress that tight since year 9 formal," Michael teases, leaving his room and heading down the hallway, all of us following. I elbow Luke in the ribs to make sure he doesn't snap at him, knowing Michael's just trying to get me flustered.

"I didn't know you in year 9 Clifford," I question, quirking an eyebrow.

"Doesn't mean I didn't know who you were," he winks, making me chuckle and shake my head at him. We all walk down the stairs, sneaking out a back exit into a black SUV with dark tinted windows.

The drive to the club is shorter than I expected. Once again, we enter in a back exit and surprisingly no one questions Luke and I, despite our younger age. He looks at me with a smirk.

"Rockstar perk," he mumbles in my ear, throwing an arm over my shoulder and leading me into the loud room. The lights are flashing and it's big inside; it looks like the clubs you see on tv.

"Damn," I mutter, looking around, taking in the chandeliers that are hanging over the dance floor below us. "Wanna go downstairs?"

"Wait, we've gotta wait for them to come back," he explains.

"Why?" I frown. For a fleeting second I'm hurt, thinking Luke doesn't want to spend any time alone with me. Which is stupid, because he's my best friend. God I need a drink.

As if on cue, Michael and Calum return with four shots each, wedged carefully between their fingers. Cal hands two to me, Mikey offering two to Luke.

"That's why," Luke winks, knocking down the shot in one go. I do the same, downing my second directly after, letting the burn in my throat loosen me up a bit. I wiggle a little bit, shaking out my limbs.

"Save your moves for the floor, c'mon," Cal teases, leading us down the stairs. Luke stays right beside me the entire time and I catch him scanning the crowd with a protective eye like he does anytime were in a crowd with other boys. Or people in general that is. 

As we make it to the edge of the crowd Cal takes the lead, grabbing my hand and helping to engross us in the mass of people. I grab Luke with my other hand, pulling him along with me, Michael trailing him. We find an opening and even though were close together it's comfortable. 

I hear a few familiar bass notes bump through the club followed by a few yells of excitement. I recognize the song; Partition. 

I see Calum starting to bump along, slowly getting into it. Luke stands tall beside me, head nodding along, his lip ring caught between his teeth.

"C'mon Jo, dance!" Cal encourages, making me blush.

A memory of Ty flashes in my mind, her voice sounding in my ears. "If there is one thing any girl can dance to, it's Beyonce."

I take a deep breath and start to move to the beat, swinging my hips a little.

"There yah go J!" Cal encourages coming up in front of me so he's facing me, making stupid faces at me while he dances, somehow holding his rhythm without concentration. I flip my hair to one side, slowly working my way down lower. Calum follows me down, raising an eyebrow like it's a competition. I just roll my eyes at him and bring myself back up with a laugh, still moving my hips. 

I watch as a girl comes up to Cal, dancing beside him and smirking. I wink at him, which prompts him to stick his tongue out at me and laugh before taking the girls hips in his hands, moving behind her with expertise. I notice Michael up top at the bar again, talking to Ashton. 

Still moving, I turn around and look at Luke, whose loosened up a bit but not much. I'd learned from the many school dances in which we'd taken refuge from our dates by meeting up and sitting against the wall and talking over the shitty music that he wasn't much of a dancer at first, but when he got going he was good.

"You just gonna stand like hemmo the 9ft beanstalk all night or what?" I quirk a playful eyebrow up at him. I watch him smirk and look over my head, and I'm not sure if it's the light change or my eyes playing tricks but when he looks at me again his baby blues are a deep pacific hue and my breath catches in my throat.

I keep my rhythm, turning back around and grinning to myself as I feel his familiar hands grab onto my hips, squeezing slightly and easing me backwards until he's flush against my back. He matches my movements and he loosens up even more, the shots taking affect as his hands slide forward and down towards my thighs, pulling me closer to him.

I can feel him hardening behind me but I ignore it, knowing if I say anything he'll stop dancing with me. My gasp is lost in the music as his head drops onto my shoulder, a bit of sweat beading in his quiff. I swear I feel his lips brush my skin but I can't think about it as an already drunk Michael makes his way in front of you.

"DANCE WITH ME JO," he yells over the music, clutching a glass of whiskey in one hand and grabbing my hand with his other. I feel Luke's hands dig into my hips in an attempt to hold onto me for one more second but I slip out of them, standing in front of Mikey and busting out laughing as he breaks into a horrible rendition of the sprinkler. Luke comes up beside me, shaking his head at his band mate.

"Every damn time," he mutters, slinging an arm over my shoulder.

"You've gotten some better moves since year 7 Hemmings," I tease, nudging him in the side. Even under the pulsing purple lights two things are obvious; the blush on his cheeks and the bulge in his pants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO THEY AREN"T GONNA FRICKLE FRACKLE YET OOPS SORRY

if you leave me a comment i will literally love you for eternity