Chapter One- Mate?

Kenzi POV:

I slowly woke up, my body pounding in pain as I stiffly looked around the room, taking in my surroundings. A white wall with a tan wood door, monitors and machines that were all somehow connected to me, and an oxygen mask that was covering my nose and mouth. I inhaled and the faint scent of black berries, mangos, and wood filled the air. It was delicious, and it made me gasp down another lungful of air. The door to my hospital room opened, and I gazed at the tall male in the white lab coat. His black hair fell across his grey eyes and tan forehead, his jaw line covered in a chin strap black beard, and attached mustache.

"Ms. Jahnson, you're awake," the young doctor smiled, sighing in relief. "I was so worried about you."

"Worried?" I whispered in a hoarse voice.

"Yes...erm... You see..." He came and sat down on the side of my bed. "When you were rushed into the operating ward... You were in critical condition, and only after your sedatives had mixed in with your blood... Did I know you are my mate."

"Mate?" I tilted my head. I inhaled deeply. Yup. The delicious scent was his. I blushed and took his hand gingerly in mine.

"I've been so worried," He spoke with exasperation. "You were out cold for two weeks after the procedure I thought you would never wake up." He lifted my hand to his lips and kissed my palm, his whiskers tickling my delicate skin.

"What's... Your name?" I asked shyly.

"Grant Lewis, pack doctor and surgeon." He smiled widely. I blushed when he said that, my wolf, Tara, beginning to imagine erotic foreplay with him. I shook away the thoughts of playing doctor with him, even though my core pooled with desire.

"How old are you?" I asked, my voice a bit clearer now.

"Twenty eight." He answered. "And you are...eighteen I believe?" I nodded and smiled at him, squeezing his hand lightly in mine. Grant leaned over and kissed my forehead, running a hand through my amber colored hair.

"When can I go home?" I inquired softly.

"When I know you're in a stable condition." He answered firmly. "And you're coming home with me." I sighed as the door opened again, and the alpha of our pack strode in.

"Is she well?" He demanded of Grant.

"She's better," Grant nodded, running a hand through my hair.

"Good." Alpha Loren mumbled. "I should have known my son would have broken his honor and hurt you so badly."

"Alpha it's fine." I whispered, looking down at my lap.

"No it isn't he nearly killed you, Mackenzie!" Alpha boomed. "And I promised your father that no one would harm you after he passed."

"Alpha, I'm not dead," I allowed in a gentle voice before blushing. "I have my mate- erm Dr. Lewis to thank for that." Alpha Loren paused and looked between Grant and I.

"By the moon goddess!" He beamed. "Congratulations you two!" Grant nodded and I felt my cheeks redden even more. Grant smiled and kissed my neck, nibbling my skin where he would mark me soon. I couldn't help the embarrassing moan that creaked out of my mouth, and I shivered.

"Don't mate her here!" Loren guffawed. "Take her home, Grant!"

"I intend to." Dr. Lewis murmured, gazing at me with love and lust.