18. | They never saved you

Start from the beginning

The door slams shut and silence is presented in the family. "Thanks for the food...I'm going now" Yuu grabs his and Y/n's bowls.

"Wait Yuu" F/n says.

"Dad? Why did you have to ask her?...you know she gives the same answer as always" The young boy walks away with the dishes in his hands. Places them on the counter and leaves.

"I think we've made a big mistake to separate her from Todoroki-Kun" F/n runs his hands through his hair.

"You know we didn't have a choice, besides it was the best for her. She needs to learn to make other friends" Y/n's mother crosses her legs, staring at her husband with a tint of guilt.

"I know....it's just, she's destroying herself and we can't seem to help her"

<•>

The e/c eyed girl walks on the street, passing by cafés, small shops and so on.

"I'm so sick of them treating me like I'm some mental child—it was their decision and they can't even fucking live up to it!" She mumbles out, eyes fixated on the ground. The whole world seems distraught, sounds in slower motion.

'Izuku...he..he ran home yesterday and I still haven't figured out why, dammit'

Her teeth grit together. Muscles tightening with each step.

'Somehow I don't want to ask him...I feel like I've been pushing onto him for so long. I must've looked like a clingy shit...Izuku has to be annoyed with me'

A sad smile plays on her face, all this time. Maybe Izuku never opened up because she was pushing too hard. "I really don't know how to make a friend, I'm just a clingy piece of shit who doesn't know how to act around other people"

Heavy breaths leave her mouth. Just what can she do now? If Izuku doesn't want to talk then fine. That's okay. It's his life and she shouldn't pressure. She shouldn't care.
Like before. Everything was so easy when she didn't care.

"Fuck, and I want to call myself a hero" Her hands grip the straps to her bag hard. "Maybe I should stop trying to be so...heroic. Maybe Lucy was right about me. I try to act like I'm some perfect saint, when I've hurt a lot of people" She murmurs out with a deep voice.

Losing it.

"Why the fuck do I care what anyone thinks anymore. It was easier before, I'll stop playing like a saint"

"It obviously doesn't work, I hurt my family. I hurt Izuku. I keep fucking everyone's life's up. So I should stop trying" She gives herself a pause to take a deep breath.
Closing her eyes, and just breathing slowly.

The sun rays glow on her face and warms up her cheeks. It feels nice.

Until a body bumps into her. Her eyes open wide as she sees green.

"Midoriya?" Her head turns towards the boy who stops in his tracks.

Said boy gives her a big and happy smile. "Hi L/n-Chan! I was so locked up in my mind that I didn't notice you"

"Oh" She says, flicking her eyes in the process. 'He seems cheery, more than usual..'

"So want to head to school together?" He tilts his head in a cute angle, letting the sun rays reflect on his freckles.