12

"So keep my words in mind. And work hard okay Taeyong?," The postmaster told me one last time at the end of my shift and I nodded and gave a bow of respect as always and then finally rushed out of the post office. I took out the paper which had Jaehyun's address on it and went out on my bicycle. As it was nearby, I couldn't control my emotions. I had to know what had to Jaehyun. Why hadn't he come to meet me in so long? And also why he made me feel this way about him. I reached the street as it was mentioned in the address and I got of my bicycle to look for the correct house number. '127 J'. All the house looked really fancy and huge in this area, it kinda felt weird to walk around here.

When I finally found the house I went in through the from gate as it was open, tried to my make hair look decent enough. And knocked on the front door. In a few knocks, the door was finally opened, but by a kid who looked like he was in the 8th grade. He must be Jeno, as I saw that name in the book earlier. He had a similar face as Jaehyun.

"Hey. Can I help you sir?," The boy asked but before I could answer, a middle aged woman came behind him, looking confused and ended up asking the same question.

"Um, I am here for Jung Jaehyun. Is he here?," I managed to ask, I know I sounded nervous.

"What?," The woman asked, with pain in her voice. Was this the wrong address? Why did the two of them look so confused.

"Did his letter arrive yet?," The small boy asked and tears were forming in his eyes. What was happening?

"No it didn't. I am actually his friend, he used to come over to the post office last week. But when he stopped coming, I kinda got worried which is why I'm here to check on him. Is he okay?," I explained so that they would know what is going on.

"He came to the post office last week? Is this a joke?," his mother asked.

"What, no? If he didn't come, how would I know about him at all?"

"Jung Jaehyun has passed away 3 years ago. The letter what he was waiting for back then was from his father in Canada. He passed away in an accident. How can he show up at the post office then?!"

"This is not possible. Is there another Jung Jaehyun in this area? He can't be dead! He was with me last week! We even went to the mall!," I said, with tears now forming in my eyes. The small boy ran inside the house and then came out with a picture frame and showed it to me.

"Is he the one you're looking for?," he asked pointing at the pale boy, who I was sure I met last week. The only sweetest person who I thought I knew. The only friend I thought I had. And all along he was not alive? All I could do was drop on my knees and apologise and cry in front of the two confused people in front of me. This was not how it was supposed to be. This was not how I imagined my first love to go.

The End

——————————————————

I am sorry if this wasn't the ending you were expecting

I am sorry if this wasn't the ending you were expecting. But this is what was in my mind when I first started writing this story.

Thanks so much for reading. Hope you liked the story. I will definitely be writing more Jaeyong stories, but with happy endings. Love you loads!