Chapter 23

Anne's Pov 

Everybody except myself, Phillip and Lizzy had already left for the Barnum's house. Lizzy and Phillip stayed behind to pack up the chairs and whatever else had been left while I was assigned with the job of picking up the cake from Lizzy's and Phillip's house.  Barnum had dropped it off their because originally we were going to have the reception their, but then it changed. Don't ask me why because I have no idea.

The carriage ride was lonesome to say the least. I hated being alone with only my thoughts, it was awful. Lizzy would always look out the window and gawk at the changing scenery while W.D would read or primarily write letters, most of those to Ailsa. I did not like it, without talking or anything. I didn't like being alone. 

I guess i'm going to have to get used to is though. W.D and Ailsa are married, Lizzy and Phillip are married. And I guess W.D will be moving out now to live with Ailsa in their little beach side cottage. I'm going to be living by myself. I hadn't thought of that. 

I'll figure it out though. I'll make it work. I kind of have to but it will work. 

The carriage pulled up in the dry dirt, making dust marinate the air. Their seemed to be a storm brewing for this afternoon in the distance. Black clouds were radiant against the light backdrop the sun had so gratefully provided us with today. My small heels hit the dirt as I walked up to the door, seeing a letter being nailed to its centre. 

I folded it up and placed into my palm as I opened the door, pushing it open as I tried to sustain my curiosity about the letter. Lizzy had also asked me to grab her fan from her vanity up in her room, so I attempted to climb up the stairs in the heels Ailsa had forced me to wear. After a few slips and many times I had trod on my dress, I took them off and, lightly, threw them towards the front door. 

Lizzy's door was already slightly ajar and I pushed it open to find a terrible smell and an even worse image. Dead fish had been gutted by the looks of it and spread all over her bed, the guts along side it. And on the wall was finger painted with red lettering. 

"You'll be sleeping with the fishes soon enough . This changes everything." 

I couldn't helped my self, i'm sure this has something to do with the letter posted on the door. So I read it and I kind of wished I didn't in a sense. 

You have got to be kidding me. This letter does change a lot, not everything. But most of it. 

A/N 

If you can guess what the letter was about then you shall be tagged in the next chapter and you will receive a mystery prize (nothing too big, but hey a prize Is a prize :) )