Chapter 15

Lizzy's Pov 

Cassie and I basically spent the rest of the evening making tea and decorations for tomorrow. Ailsa, Anne and Charity all at one point of the night tried to pull me away from it, but after a while they realized that there was no getting me out of this zone I was in. 

I could hear the conversations as I was working though. It was mainly about what the plans were after the wedding and how he proposed and all that kind of stuff. Which I understand, but I really wanted to work on the decorations. And Cassie seemed really excited to work on them as well. I honestly think she was just happy that she got to talk to me, she has apparently heard all the stories from Ailsa and W.D about the "great" Elizabeth Gray and Phillip Carlyle. She kept asking me questions about me though, not that I minded, I tried to answer them as best as I could but in another sense, I didn't really know what to tell her. After a while she started to ask questions about the wedding - those I were able to answer well. 

Once we had made everything, Cassie and I emerged from the room and re-joined the others in the sitting room. Ailsa just shook her head at Cassie playfully as we walked back in. Not long after, Cassie was already talking to Anne how they were practically sisters now. Ailsa came down and sat next to me and I couldn't help myself. 

"So Cassie, is she..." I trailed off, not sure how exactly to phrase my question. 

"She is my adoptive sister...of sorts. Outcast by her own family when she was a baby, I think only a few weeks old. She was born out of wedlock, so her family just left her on the streets. Countess Adele took her in before she met me." Ailsa explained, sipping on her drink. 

I nodded, watching how the girl with the blonde hair bounced between Charity, Anne and Lettie, asking questions of all kinds. She didn't even get a chance, a chance to be with her family. They just decided they didn't want her. Yet, she is so positive and lively that you wouldn't think she had any of that. I just couldn't help to admire the young girl. Admire her courage and strength. Admire her ability to see the light in all situations. 

*** 

The Next Day 

Half-asleep, I swatted at a tickle on my shoulder. It happened again, and I instinctively rolled away. The tickle returned, traveling across my back. Oh. It wasn't a random breeze or another feather that had escaped from my pillow.

Those were kisses.

Eyesstill closed, I smiled to myself as Phillip brushed away a lock of hair to find anew place to kiss. 

"Good Morning, darling,"he whispered. I couldn't help but to smile even more as my eyes fluttered open, even though they really wanted to stay closed.

"Good Morning."  

I laid there next to him for a few moments, watching the sun trickle through the window and speckle its self onto the carpet, before realizing what day it was. 

"It's the wedding day," I quickly blurted out, springing up from the mattress and jumping out of the bed. Phillip started to laugh at me when I tripped on one of the blankets, to which I threw a pillow back at him. 

I ran into the bathroom and begun to attempt to do my hair, but not matter how many times I shoved a pin into my hair, it didn't want to stay. 

"Phillip?" I called out while I held a few pins between my teeth, "Can I have some help...please?" 

I could hear him give a chuckle at my request because he knew what I needed him to do. He walked in the bathroom and begun doing my hair for me. Brushing it up and placing the pins in so the bun before placing a jewelled comb into my hair. 

"It is scary how much better at that you are than me." I chuckled. 

"I believe the words that you are looking for are Thank you." He whispered, resting his forehead on mine. 

"Thank you", I mutter as I lightly press my lips against his. "But now I need to get ready and so do you." 

Phillip put his hands up in defeat and left the bathroom, not before steeling another kiss. 

I pulled Charity's dress out of the bag she gave me and I was soo excited. It was a baby blue in colour with ruffles and flowers. It was beautiful and practical at the same time. 

(So I know this isn't Victorian Fashion, but lets just ignore that because this dress is sooo beautiful) 

I quickly applied some rogue to my cheeks before stepping out of the bathroom. Phillip had already managed to get ready - hair and all. He took one look and me and his mouth fell open slightly. 

"You look..." He began, running his hand threw his hair. 

"Beautiful. I know." I smiled back at him playfully. "We need to leave now though. "

"After you, Mrs. Carlyle." Phillip smiled to himself as he held the door open for me. 

A/N 

Sorry for the filler chapter, stuff will get interesting in the next chapter. 

Also, Instagram and Spotify are up and running. Please go check them out!!! 

Until Next time. 

Love, Maya.