VI

Simon rolled over and slowly opened his eyes to the burning sun shining through the windows. in front of him was JJ, softly sitting down on the bed. He noticed that Simon was awake and before the blonde had a chance to speak, he cut in.

"You have every right to be mad."

"I am." Simons voice was still coated in tiredness.

"How long will it take you to forgive me?"

"I don't know. A while."

Simon rubbed one of his eyes and JJ looked away, towards the wall of the room.

"That's ok."

Simon took a second to think, realising he wasn't actually angry at JJ.

"It's not that I'm mad. I'm just upset you didn't keep your promise. I had a panic attack in the-"

As soon as the other male had heard the words 'panic attack' his eyes went straight to Simon, a look of concern covering his face.

"Wait, fuck, why? If you had told me you had I would've left right away."

"I didn't want to ruin you having fun. It was," Simon paused, taking a shaky breath. "It was a stupid reason anyways."

"What was it? You never have panic attacks for stupid reasons."

Simon knew that was a lie as he had had many panic attacks for stupid reasons throughout the years. Like the time he nearly started crying in math because he said 'Good morning' slightly off or the time that he actually did start crying because he sent a text message that came off ruder than he intended.

"Uh, it was Harry."

"Harry? Simon did he do anything to you?"

"No no no, it's okay."

"Thank god, I was about to beat his fucking ass."

"He just said something and I don't know everything started getting super overwhelming and then I went upstairs and he followed me and I just"

Simon paused and pulled himself up onto the pillow, letting out a small breath as he did.

"I don't think I can be friends with him after this."

"In what way, what did he say?" JJ furrowed his brow. 

"Nothing bad, I just... He probably thinks I'm pathetic."

"Don't say that, thats not true."

Simon knew it was, but he didn't want to argue. That would make him seem even more pathetic.

"I don't remember falling asleep here."

"Yeah I found you in the street and carried you home. Kinda surprised you weren't robbed by some drunk idiot." JJ chuckled a little, making Simon smile.

"You really did that?"

"Yeah, course. Why wouldn't I?"

"Thanks." The blonde didn't really know what else he should say.

Simon felt his phone buzz. He rolled over to see it in plugged into the wall. He smiled, realising how grateful he was for JJ's friendship. Not only did the boy take him home and put him into bed despite being drunk but he also plugged his phone in for him. 

"Its from an unknown number."

"What does it say?"

Simon looked again, and couldn't believe what he saw

(Unknown Number)

Hey, its Harry. Just wanted to apologise again for last night. 

"JJ." He whipped his head around to look at the other boy.

"What?"

"JJ." His words slipped out quicker, with a harsher tone.

"What?" JJ furrowed his brow, confused.

"Why does Harry have my number?"

"I don't know."

JJ broke eye contact.

"JJ, did you give him my number?"

"Look, he asked for it and he seemed super distressed and I didn't know why he wanted it but I was drunk and look I just-" He was cut off by Simon putting his hand over his mouth.

"It's ok, you didn't know." 

There was a moment of silence between the two boys. Simon began to smile, which caused the corners of JJ's mouth to raise as well. Simon slowly lowered his hand.

"Are you going to text him back?"

"Maybe. Do you want to go grab brunch?"

"Yeah alright, that sounds good."