"Just that Greek mythology is a thing. And that my dad's a God. Not who he is though," he clarified at her raised brow. "And they've already guessed we're not the only ones."

A beat of silence passed over the two half-bloods before Percy spoke again. He ran a nervous hand through the raven mop of hair on his head before starting.

"Did uh- um... did they ask about the whole, uh..." he waved his hand in circles, his palm open as though the right word for vivid flashback or episode or mental breakdown would fall into it willingly.

"No, but they're going to," she replied honestly.

Percy exhaled sharply through his nose. "Well, that should be a fun conversation."

Annabeth hummed in response, absentmindedly drawing a circle into the carpet. "Was that what your dream was about? Just now?"

"About what? Gabe, or Tartarus?"

"Either."

Percy shook his head with a sigh before he explained. "Well, it started with my mom. She was just crying... then we were in the rec room, and there was some kind of counselor meeting. I couldn't hear what anyone was saying, it was completely silent other than this gods awful ringing- like I used to get after the concussion all the time?, but I just felt like it had something to do with trying to find us. The entire time, you just sat there staring at me shaking your head like something bad was going to happen, and when I asked you what was wrong it just cut back to my mom... she was like, what's the word? Incon... inconsoluble?"

"Inconsolable," Annabeth filled in.

Her boyfriend nodded. "Yeah, that. She wouldn't stop crying. And then Gabe walked in... and yeah." He nodded as he finished, looking down at the black brace on his hand where he picked at the velcro.

Annabeth furrowed her eyebrows. "Yeah?"

Percy rolled his eyes before continuing to ramble. "He started screaming, I stepped in and said some schist and he turned on me. It was stupid. That part was just coming from the... the whole relapse or whatever, but I don't get the rest. I don't feel good about any of it."

He wanted to add "And I miss my mom and feel insanely guilty for everything I've put her through and maybe if she knew I was gone for good she could stop worrying all the time," but he had already said too much. He figured he'd given Annabeth enough to analyze already.

Sure enough, the daughter of Athena's mind was running rampant with ideas and theories about the meaning of the dream. She pressed him with questions- where was his mom? Who was in the meeting? Was it dark or light out? What were the counselors' expressions? He couldn't hear anything? Really, nothing at all? What did he feel?

"What did he say?"

Percy snorted, scrubbing at the nest that was his hair. He squinted at her before responding. "Who, Gabe?" With her nod he continued. "I don't know, something about how we wrecked his car. He wasn't looking at my mom though, just me, so I don't know why he said we-"

Two solid knocks sounded at the front of the room, relieving Percy from his thousandth interrogation of the past week. The two demigods shared a look before the door creaked open.

Daisy's head popped in, her dark hair swinging down in front of her face. "Mind if we come in?" she asked, as though they had a choice. She had already pushed the door open farther to enter, revealing her tail of Director Coulson. Percy sat up farther on the bed as they filed in, attempting to appear more threatening than he felt, while Annabeth met their stares with a hardened gaze.