Chapter 56 - Reveal

Start from the beginning

The shocked Mikage stared at Takehiro with eyes wide open, unlike his usual disposition, his calm face shattered like shards of glass.

Sharing your soul is essentially tearing off your own power and life-force to bring about another life. It's like taking out your main battery and placing it somewhere else. This was a rare practice amongst God's as it essentially strips you of your power and life. And what sane God would willingly do so knowing the consequences. So, doing such a thing was practically suicide for a God as most wouldn't survive due to the dangers of your soul being your central piece which makes up everything. However, it didn't mean there weren't rare cases of such things occurring. But a human doing such a thing was simply unheard of, compared to a God human's souls were extremely faint in comparison, it was like the sun compared to the moon. Barely equal.

Mikage knew this it was common knowledge in the eternal realm where the gods presided, but how exactly would a mere mortal know of this?

"W...who are you" Mikage clumsily stuttered, whiles his lips trembled, his eyes remained agape refusing to look away from the person before him.

Takehiro showed a slight smile to the others reaction "You...my master, my everything who has given me everything. Even if was just a minor fraction in comparison I at least want to give that back to you."

Mikage froze but remained guarded "what are you, who are you?" his frown deepened.

Takehiro kept his smile somewhat genuine as he spoke "once you officially become adopted by me, you'll naturally be entitled to everything I've arranged for you without any ensuing issue's. So, all of your worries will be taken care of and..."

Suddenly Takehiro closed his mouth in shock, completely caught off guard he was unexpectedly immersed by another's warm embrace.

"I know who you are but, why is it that you're here?"Mikage asked wrapping his arms around the other man.

"Why are you here!!" he repeated louder, and held the man even more tightly, "I gave you an order so why are you here?!"

"There was no way I could ever turn my back when my God. My everything was robbed from us, from me."

"You disobeyed me!" he separated from the man to face him head-on.

"I loved you!"

Mikage flinched not expecting the sudden outburst and the words that came along with it. He took a long glance at the other man to see if his face verified that the words that came out of his matched.

And just a momentary glance was all he needed to confirm everything, the man couldn't even look at him head-on.

"how long?" he asked after a slight pause.

"I don't remember" Takehiro shrugged.

"How long since you've loved me? This time don't lie Kagura" Mikage spoke more severely.

Takehiro chuckled slightly "that name in this life and the past you were the first person to say it. Just the thought alone fills me with such happiness"

Takehiro stopped for a moment and then spoke "When you granted me a new name, you gave me life, therefore purpose. Ever since then, nothing has ever changed my feelings. No, my love for you has been there ever since I've been bestowed that name."

Mikage choked on his words, "I'm sorry Kagura, I wasn't aware" for the first-time words truly seemed to fail him.

"Don't apologise Mikage-Sama, that was because I made sure of it. Call me Takehiro since it'll be strange to call me otherwise in this aged body of mine."

Thinking about it Mikage never had the interest to appreciate the man's feature's, he touched the grown man's face slowly. Although you could perceive the maturity from the silver streaking across his hair and few lines on his face they didn't particularly do any injustice to his face overall, rather they flattered his face well.

A sneaky man with a fine face perfectly suiting his shaded personality, in all strangeness despite having a mature face he didn't appear to any older than thirty.

It wasn't until Takehiro held Mikage's palm before he barely found words again "you look different Takehiro"

Takehiro nodded slightly and closed his eyes indulging in soft touch on his face "Mhm"

"You changed so much," Mikage said moving his touch across his face

"I did"

"even your eyes" his hand finally stopped and the boy creased his eyebrows deeply. After a short moment of thinking, Mikage spoke "Takehiro tell me the truth "

"what happened to the rest"

Takehiro frowned and hesitated, 'at this very moment he could lie, he has that option and he was very good at it even Mikage wouldn't be able to tell. Lies were better than the truth, however, is that what he deserved?'

"Their souls were scattered Mikage-sama...they were supposed to be somewhere safe but I was unable to help them"

"each of them is no longer Gota, Rito, Hazuki, Nasu, Yota, Umi, Nishi..."

"Stop!" he shouted, Mikage felt his head go hot, it hurt he wasn't sure whether it was anger or something else.

"Don't say anymore, I was stupid I should've been there"

"...I should've been" he collapsed to the floor with his knees near his chest and his head bowed down.

After a while Mikage recomposed himself and raised his head, he spoke quietly in an almost audible whisper "Tell me everything after I died, please. Don't hold back"

Takehiro hesitated as if didn't want to, he had a clear sense of turmoil written on his face but in the end he realised there was no point in hiding anything.