⌜ forty eight ⌟

Start from the beginning

are you excited for tonight?❞ donghyuck questioned.

very excited. mark was excited for the prom night. he is excited to show donghyuck off to every student that will attend that very special event. he is excited to be donghyuck's first, special, and last dance tonight. he is excited to have donghyuck as his prom date.

mark was about to say something but was cut off with donghyuck looking at somewhere behind him and suddenly shouted across the cafe.

jungwoo hyung!❞ donghyuck stood up from his place and ran towards jungwoo but stopped himself from hugging the older when he saw a man beside him.

jungwoo took a step away from the man he was with and went to the younger, hugging him. he smiled and went to whisper something on donghyuck's ears, ❝please leave..

donghyuck blinked, what was jungwoo doing with a man? as far as he knows, jungwoo loved yukhei and only yukhei. but maybe jungwoo moved on, just like how he moved on from yukhei and is now living life with mark.

hyuck..

huh? oh.❞ not really getting what jungwoo meant, he just smiled ❝i'm just here to ask for your number.

maybe that man is jungwoo's date and jungwoo wants donghyuck to leave them alone? yeah, maybe that's it. maybe that's why he wants donghyuck to leave.

jungwoo wanted to say no. he wanted to tell the younger everything and let him run away but he couldn't. not when that bastard asked one of his men to accompany him in buying lunch for the boy that was held captive. jungwoo mentally cursed, among all the cafes on the streets it had to be this one.

actually—❞ jungwoo bit his lip when the man started nudging him. he'd be dead meat if he doesn't get donghyuck's number. ❝s-sure..

donghyuck happily gave his phone to jungwoo and the older had an idea. he typed a his phone number and gave it to donghyuck. he was about to leave but donghyuck held his wrist, ❝hyung, i'll call you to make sure that you typed it correctly.

all jungwoo could do right now was swear. he probably already mentioned all curse words inside his head. all he wanted to do was help but what is this? why is donghyuck not cooperating?

your phone is not ringing hyung.❞ donghyuck said.

he purposely typed a wrong number.

yeah, about that.. i left it at home.❞ jungwoo giggled, happy that he quickly thought of an excuse.

but you're holding it though.❞ donghyuck pointed at the phone that jungwoo is holding, ❝it's still the same.

jungwoo sighed, giving up. ❝give me your phone.

sorry, he said inside his head. sorry because he tried to help but was still ignored. he also wants to say sorry to yukhei for not protecting his loved one. he failed as a bestfriend.

🏵

jaemin got inside the school campus and the first person he saw was mark looking so fine with his suit and tie. ❝damn boy.