Chapter 15

Dani's POV

I feel so so horrible! I never should have said those things to Bella, they weren't even true.

Knowing that I made her cut herself is the worst feeling in the world. I don't deserve anything after what I did. I'm a horrible human being!

Christina comes downstairs after talking to Bella and motions for me to follow her into the kitchen where mom is waiting. It's time to see how much trouble I'm in... I deserve whatever it is though.

Half an hour goes by as they get mad at me and that's when I finally find out my punishment. I'm to apologize and then I'm grounded for 3 weeks. It's a long time but I understand it. If it were me giving the punishment, I probably would've given even worse.

I should never have let my insecurities and jealousy get to me like this.

Amy's POV

Today sure has been horrible. Dani really hurt Bella and I don't get why. Bella's already been through so much and now she just had to go and make things worse. I'm mad at my sister for that. I think all of us are.

I'm not affiliated with any of it though. Bella and I have never really talked before although I wish we would sometime. She seems cool.

Christina helps and protects her, Katherine's become like a mom to her, Lisa is definitely her biggest support, Lauren is comforting and helpful and Dani... well you know.

I'm just here on the outside looking in. It's not such a bad thing in a way because I can see it all. I can watch everything happen.

Mom calls that dinner is ready and I take my place at the table. Lisa and Bella are the last to arrive, Bella sits down quietly and stares at her plate. Dani stares at her plate too. The tension is almost unbearable.

Bella's POV

I hate this tension. I feel so awkward sitting here at the table. I know everyone's on my side or whatever but I wish there wasn't even sides to have to pick. I hate that Dani feels the way she does and I need to tell her that sometime. But for now I can't stand being here.

I stand up. "I'm sorry but excuse me," I say quickly and run out of the room. I think fast. Should I go to the room or go for a walk? I decide to run upstairs, grab my journal and a pen, and then run out of the house.

I can hear someone get up but can't tell who. Doesn't matter. I'm out of here.

I run for a while, it calms me down some. Then I find a small stretch of sand under a tree. It's perfect, I love it. I stretch out and lay on my stomach, opening my journal. I start writing a song.

I don't even notice as someone sits down next to me.

"Bella," I hear someone whisper.

I turn to look who it is and smile when I see. One of the only people I don't mind having here. It's Katherine.

"Hey Kath," I say. She smiles because I use her nickname.

"What are you doing? We got worried when you left and I said I'd come and find you."

"I ran for a while. Now I found this spot and have been writing a song," I tell her.

"Can I read what you have so far?" she asks.

"Okay," I hesitantly respond, "But I've never let anyone read my songs or writing before so don't judge."

"I will never judge you or your writing."

I hand my journal over to her.

My Life

My heart aches for something I don't know

My heart breaks for someone I do know.

My body cries to stop pushing too far too fast

Every time.

Love hurts no matter what they say

People leave even the promises,

They don't mean much of anything

Take a step into my life and you'll see.

My heart aches for something I don't know,

My heart breaks for someone I do know.

My body cries to stop pushing too far too fast,

Every time.

Some days I feel like I'm not enough

Drifting without a purpose.

Like a lone bird flying

Through the sky, the open empty sky.

Tears well up in her eyes as she reads my words.

"I'm truly touched by this, Bella. It's really sad but really good. I think a lot of people could identify with what it talks about," Kath tells me.

I nod. "I write the truth."

"And that's exactly how it should be," she says.

We sit there in a comfortable silence for a while, just watching the ocean.

Then it's as if her brain clicks and goes back into super responsible mode and Katherine tells me, "We really should be getting back. Everyone must be worried!"

I sigh and get up, brushing the sand off my clothes.

"Thanks for being the one to come here," I tell her.

"You're welcome Bella."

We get back to the house where everyone is pacing. Katherine and I walk in and everyone gets a look of pure relief on their faces. Wow, I can't believe they were so concerned about me...

"I'm fine everyone! I went for a run and then wrote some," I tell all of them.

"I'm so glad you're okay sweetie," Lynne says, "Now I think it's time for all of you to go to bed."

A few of the girls groan. I go to follow them upstairs when Christina puts her hand on my shoulder and whispers, "Stay strong baby girl."

I give her a quick hug and she hugs back. I promise myself I'm going to be strong for her, for Katherine, for Lisa, for Lauren, for Amy and even for Dani. It's time I get back to feeling okay again.

After getting my pajamas on, I crawl into bed, Katherine getting in next to me. I fall asleep as she strokes my hair. I love when she does that, it really calms me.

Suddenly I hear a voice. I sit up, careful not to wake Kath. It's Amy's voice. She sounds... scared, a little distraught, she's on the phone to someone. I hear her creep down the bunk ladder and I fake sleep. She leaves the room quietly and my guess is she goes downstairs. I follow slowly, wondering what's going on.

_______________________________________

Hey everyone!

First off, the song in this chapter was in fact written by me. It's only a few of the verses but yeah, hope you like it.

Life's been getting pretty busy for me so I might not update as often, I'm not really sure as of yet.

So Bella's getting better, Dani is gonna hopefully feel better around Bella sometime but most importantly... what is going on with Amy? Only I know lol. You will soon find out.

Hope you all are enjoying this fanfic and I love to hear comments or suggestions so feel free to comment or inbox me(:

~Courtney