Chapter 9

Bella's POV

I wake up the next morning and a few tears slip out as I remember last night. I get up and look at my pillow and see it stained with makeup. I then check my phone and see a text from Lisa. I sigh and read it.

Lisa: Hey Bella, it's Lisa, Laur gave me your number. Are you okay?

I consider how to respond.

Me: Not really but it's fine.

She responds quite quickly.

Lisa: I've been really worried. Do you want to come over today?

Me: Uh sure, maybe later. 

Lisa: Okay, I'll see ya later then

I feel bad for not saying much but after all that happened, I'm just scared. I guess it's just time to shower, get dressed and face the horrible unfair world. Time seems to be going by so slow yet so fast. 

My cuts have scabbed over so I think they'll be alright. No signs of infection, I'm glad. No one can ever see these. 

Today is colder than normal so I put on leggings and a baby blue hoodie with a black tank underneath and go downstairs. 

My mom turns around and boy, does she look angry. I have no idea what about though...

"Get in here right now!!" she screams.

I move slightly into the kitchen and look at her, worried.

"All you seem to do is nothing! You don't help me ever. I'm stuck doing everything around here while you're off with new friends or whatever you're doing. You know what, I'm done with you. So done. I shouldn't have even taken you to California. Get out."

"W-what?" I stutter, so shocked.

"Get out of my house, RIGHT NOW!!" she screams at me.

I stand in shock, in horror. I can't comprehend it. She moves forward and slaps my face a few times. I run out of the kitchen and out the door. 

I don't feel a thing. I might be homeless now but it doesn't feel like it. I can't seem to grasp her words. My cheek really stings but whatever. I run down the sidewalk, unsure of where to go. Where do I go from here?

I find myself at the Cimorelli house and I ring their doorbell not once, but 4 times. Lisa answers the door and only then do I break down. I fall into her arms crying loudly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

So I was planning on writing a few chapters tonight but it's been a really busy day and I barely slept last night so I'm just trying to keep my eyes open to write this chapter. I promise tomorrow I'll write at least 2 chapters! Thanks for all the views, seriously it means so much. Hope you all are having a great summer!!

~Courtney