31•

• Maddi POV •

I was laying in bed for the second day in a row since we've gotten back. I'm not sick or anything I'm just tired and a little upset that Mason hasn't talked to me yet. I know Laura wanted for us to decorate my room, but no one's came in yet though so I'm going to just lay here.

"Maddi."

I spoke too soon.

I pretended to be asleep as they came in and sat on my bed. "Come on we have to go get some paint for your room." he said, it was Carter.

"I'm still sleeping." I mumbled. "Of course I'd be the one to have to wake you up." he mumbled. I rolled over and looked up at him. He laid on top of me. "I'm sleepy too." he said laying his head in the crook of my neck. I licked his cheek and he pushed himself off of me.

"Alright you're awake, let's go get that paint." he said. "I still have to get ready." I reminded him and he let out a loud and obnoxious groan.

"I'll sit here and wait." he said, smirking. I shrugged and went to the closet pulling out a pair of worn out overalls that went all the way down, a random white t shirt.

I changed in my closet because he was still sitting on my bed.

I walked to the bathroom and got ready. "You not going to fix your hair?" Carter asked while patting it. "No." I snapped. "Where's your brush?" he asked. I got one out for him and he plugged in my flat irons. "What are you doing?" I asked laughing.

"Doing your hair I wanna try." he mumbled, brushing it. "You aren't going to use those." I told him pointing to my flat irons. "Why?" he whined. "Because I like having even hair and I don't want any of it to burn off." I said.

He pouted, but kept brushing my hair.

"Where's your hair bows?" he asked. I laughed, "I don't wear hair bows." I told him. I handed him a hair tie and he pulled into a pony tail. I saw him braiding it. "Be still." he demanded leaving. He came back a couple seconds later and rebraided it. "You have a lot of hair." he told me. I laughed and he grabbed my shoulders.

"Don't move until I finish." he demanded.

He tugged on my hair for a couple more minutes and then he stopped. "Done."

My hair wasn't that long, it went down like two inches down my back so my pony tail braid he did for me went to the bottom of my neck.

"What the hell is this?" I laughed. "I braided it like you had it on that picture you showed me." he said.

The other day before magcon started, he saw my screensaver of my dad, mom, Mason, and I and my hair was in a pony tail with a braid. My hair was really long then so it was resting over my shoulder and went down about five inches. I told him that my dad always did my hair because my mom couldn't.

"Oh thank you." I said. "You're welcome. I have mad skills right?" he asked. I laughed again, "You just braided it."

"Well, damn." he mumbled.

I grabbed his arm and kissed his cheek, "I'm only kidding."

He smirked and grabbed my waist. "I like that, but I'd rather have that kiss somewhere else and down low." he said. My eyes widened and I hit him.

"Come on before I change my mind." I said, "Come on my child," he said and I glared at him. "What you look like a kid." he added.

I looked down, I did. With my overalls and little pigtail... I did.

"I could still go back to bed." I told him. "If you do, can I join?" he asked. I laughed awkwardly and we left.

"Is anyone else coming?" I asked. He shook his head. "They wanted me to because you love me." he said. I laughed again.