10

• Maddi POV •

"Magcon was really good yesterday." Mason smiled plopping down on the couch. I nodded and continued to read Sunday's at Tiffany's. "You're still reading that?" he asked. I nodded, it was after all a chapter book with eighty-three chapters.

"What's it about?" he asked. I shrugged, "so far I've gotten to the thirteenth chapter, I've read about a little girl who's family is too busy for her, um. Her imaginary friend left when she was nine and now he's back while she's about thirty." I said. I think that summarized it up.

"Sounds like you." he teased. I took a break from looking at my book and I glared at him. "Too soon?" he asked. I rolled my eyes at him, after Mason and Abi were born.

"So there's another magcon event today." Matthew said coming into the room with a towel draped on his shoulder. "You guys should come." he added. "I'm in." Mason said. I put my book on the coffee table. "Stay with Matthew, or Carter." I said.

"Carter?" Matthew questioned. I shrugged and nodded, "I trust him, now. I mean he's around just as much as you are Matthew." I said.

"Fine with me." Mason shrugged. "You coming?" Matthew asked me. "I don't think so. I don't really fit into that equation." I said. They looked at each other, "Undercover nerd." I heard Mason whisper. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. I just wanted to avoid Jacob. "Why don't you hang with Lox? You know she's kind of into that geeky stuff." Matthew suggested.

I looked at him confused. "There's nothing about any of this that is geeky." I stated laughing. Matthew shrugged. "I just think you should get to know her. You've gotten to know Jacob. Get to know his- friend." Matthew said. "What do you mean by friend?" I asked. He shrugged, "Just come." he said.

"Who's Lox anyways?" I asked.

"Some weird girl with long curly orange hair." Mason said.

I remember the other day, some girl wearing cat ears with the description of that was just mean mugging me and if looks could kill, she'd be dead because I was giving her a meaner look.

"I'll come." I shrugged.

***

"Hi." Lox said once she saw me. I smiled. "Im Maddi." I introduced. She told me her name. Mahogany, but everyone called her Lox.

"So what is this event? Like no one's really explained it thoroughly." I stated. She rolled her eyes at me.

Okay.

"So a man named Bart thought it'd be cool to have a group for boys who make videos. He basically gave them a chance to become something." she said. I could sense an attitude in her explanation. "Magcon is where they come preform, sign things, and take pictures for the fans. It's basically a concert slash meet greet." she added. I nodded.

"I'm the DJ, but I still go out there for dance competitions." She said smirking. "So do the fans. If one of the guys pull them up." she added, that smirk still visible on her face.

"I'm not really a dancer. Or anything else." I shrugged. I'm not going to let her get to me.

She smirked at me again before stopping the music. "Dance Battle!" she said, her voice spread through the room and I swear she was still giving me this 'Game on bitch' look.

The crowd or audience thing started chanting Lox over and over again. "They love me." she shrugged. Someone came over and started the music as she went out to the crowd and started the battle.

She did some spiny shit and when she ended she pointed her finger at me.

The crowd started screaming and got so much louder. They started chanting my name. I looked around for an escape. Where's my safe haven when I needed it?

I️ knew I️ shouldn't have came.

I looked at Mason and he was smiling at me apologetically. "Maddi!" Matthew yelled making it sound like Madday.

Lox came back over to me shoulder checking. "Go on, unless you're afraid of a little challenge. Or crowd."

I glared at her before going out there. They stopped chanting my name and whooped.

I grabbed Mason dragging him out there with me and someone yelled out his name. "What?" he said confused. I laughed slightly and we started just being stupid.

I grabbed his hands and started twisting around. He laughed at me and started dancing too. "You're lucky I love you because I didn't want you to make a fool of yourself." he said. I nodded and spun myself around.

I turned around to face Lox and I stuck up my finger back at her. I know I sucked, but I think I did good, going out there wise.

She glared at me giving me a hard look before grabbing Carter. She smirked at me and started dancing with him. I rolled my eyes, if she thinks I like Carter, that's dumb. I don't.

She started doing some dance with him that looked too planned out. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. She looked at me and gave me a 'try me' look. I shrugged and grabbed Jacob. If I know any kind of dancing, it's stupidly dancing. I might get some looks for this, and not good ones.

"What are you doing?" he laughed as I drug him out. I shrugged and started dancing with him. He grabbed my hips and pushed his front into my front, I felt him poking me. That meant I was doing good.

"Damn." he mumbled dancing with me. I grabbed his hands and I spun around so my back was in his front and his arms crossed around my stomach.

We danced together, it wasn't dirty though. It was more like a line or slow dance.

I looked at Lox and smirked. Her face looked disgusted. I shrugged and spun myself around like I did with Mason and I released my hands from his and I started swaying my hips. I heard a few claps, everyone else was just looking. I'd kind of thought that would be the reaction.

I shrugged and turned around to Jacob. He looked puzzled. Lox came back and she grabbed my hand. I yanked it away and she smiled, an actual smile. Why was she smiling at me?

"Let's go." Jacob said grabbing my hand and walking out with me following behind. I waved to Mason and Matthew. I heard people chearing. "That was some intense dance battle." I heard.

Jacob pushed me against the wall and kissed me. "That was cute. What you did." he said. "Cute? That was so slutty, and okay I'm actually really embarrassed." I laughed. "It wasn't slutty at all. You looked like a cute little penguin." he said poking my nose.

I felt my ear tips heating up again. "Don't be ashamed of that. I don't think you looked slutty. It wasn't dirty trust me. It was more like a chicken dance." he teased. I laughed and he grabbed my hand leading me back in.

You'd think everyone would be staring at me, but no one was. They weren't focused on me. Not that I wanted them to be.

Mason and Matthew walked over to me. "That dance though." Matthew said. "You looked so dumb." Mason laughed. "I try." I said flipping my hair and laughing. "Lox was just being a bitch and I had to, I didn't want to look like a chicken, not again anyways." I said.

"You did the chicken dance." Jacob teased. "You enjoyed it." I shrugged. He shrugged back, "I did." he stated.

"Some of the fans wanted to take pictures with us." Mason said. I crinkled my eyebrows. "Why? I don't do anything, but sit here." I stated.

"I don't think I want to be on camera either, but if you want to you can." I told him.

He nodded and went off with Hayes.

Lox came back over to Jacob and I. She just kind of stood there not saying anything.

"Hi." I said. It wasn't a rude hi. It was just a hi. She smiled fauxly before holding her hand out for me to shake.

I took it cautiously and looked back at Jacob. "I don't think we met properly before. I'm Lox." she said. I smiled shyly and shook her hand. "I'm Maddi." I said again. Jacob laughed at me. "Is that like short for something?" She asked. I shook my head, "No. If it is I don't know what it'd be short for." I shrugged.

"I should get back to my DJing." she said walking off.