Chapter 7 : Dealing with mild irritabilty 101

Start from the beginning

So why am I annoyed?

As I was about to answer. I caught a glimpse of her bowing her head slightly at someone that was coming through the door. I followed her gaze and my eyes met Cole Brown's.

He was coming towards us and I felt her tense up slightly but I kept my eyes on him. He gave me a small smile while putting his hands on our table.

"Lunch?" he asked, looking straight at me.

"Cramming..." I answered while pointing at the books and he smiled.

"Come on, it's on me..." he retorted and I raised my eyebrows.

Oh my god. He was asking me if I wanted to have lunch with him?

What lifetime is this? Wait, what just happened? Is this a prank? Is he doing a bet?

This doesn't happen. This isn't a teen fiction where the popular hot high school boy takes notice of the nerdy scholarship student. This doesn't happen in real life. Okay. Something's wrong. Very wrong.

Am I in purgatory?

I blinked twice at him then once at Emily, who smirked at me.

"Go ahead, I'm a little behind.." she poked me with her elbow and my cheeks went slightly red.

Okay, it's no secret to her that I liked him. Cole Brown is another breed of humans, okay. He was cool, serious, collected, well mannered and mature. He wasn't one of those moronic teen boys that ran around checking girls from their to-do lists.

He wasn't like a certain someone.

I don't know him that much but I've observed him for the last few months that I've been here. Just overall a well spoken and calm gentleman with incredible mysterious charm and heavy energy.

Sadly, we couldn't go too far from the school's garden tables since we weren't allowed to leave school grounds during study hours. I got my lunch that he paid for and was sitting across the table from him under a tree.

I'm glad I'm eating actually. I was starving. However, I couldn't help but notice the stares from the girls around us and the whispers.

He noticed me noticing and he smirked.

"Is it bothering you? We can move.." he asked and I shook my head.

"It's fine. It's what happens when someone's who sits low on the highschool food chain starts to mingle with the ones at the top" I shrugged and a laugh escaped his lips and it was like music to my ears.

Have I mentioned that he's incredibly handsome? He had blonde hair and tan olive skin. His eyes were a deep green and they were looking at me amused. He was so tall and muscular but not as much as Alexander.

...Who's probably deep inside some hooker right now?

I gripped my clear plastic fork so tight a mild dent formed on it. 

"Highschool food chain" he repeated still amused by the term, "What criteria are you basing that analogy on since you put me within the top?"

"Hotness" I said and then instantly regretted it.

Oh my fucking god why? Why did I say that? Did I leave my brain in the classroom with Emily?

I'm usually so smart. What's happening to me?

"You think I'm attractive" he smirked and I shrunk and died like a dry leaf during fall.

Come on, he knows he's hot.

"No!! I mean yeah!! Jesus! I mean, I'm not the one who came up with scale system and I'm not saying I agree with obeying a social hierarchy, I'm just saying it's the 9th graders pecking order. You're on top and they're basing that on attractiveness because what else are they going to base it off of?..." I rambled and then wanted to just go die somewhere.