Chapter 7 : Dealing with mild irritabilty 101

Start from the beginning

I walk through the door then go straight towards the window to see River driving off. What I don't notice right away is Markus who was sitting at the kitchen counter, eyeing the driveway from another window.

He saw Alexander's Black mustang. 

Before he can look at me, I run up the stairs.

Fuck he saw!

This will come back to bite me in the ass later, I can already picture the fight.

I don't see Alexander for another week; and I panic.

The test is in another week. What if he plays dead until then?

But then, the panic slowly and involuntarily gets replaced with another feeling throughout the days.

An annoyed feeling gradually crept over me every time I remembered the last time he skipped classes for a week.

He was having sex and living life with some dumb blonde bimbo.

And that's where I gripped my pen tight, snapping it in half without even realizing it. Emily turned towards me confused and looked at me puzzled. I shook my head at her to let her know it was nothing and took out another pencil from my case but the feeling remained. I started tapping it furiously on my book.

It was lunch break, every other student was in the cafeteria but we decided to stay in class and cram together. We had a test coming up tommorow. 

I was reading my chemistry instruction manual but not really. I was just starring at the black bold letters on it.

Why should I care? He can fuck the entire cast of The Real Housewives of Orange County if he wants to. That's none of my business.

As the thought crept upon my head, I snapped my second pencil and Emily's head rotated slowly towards me with her lips pursed and a glare. 

She then slowly grabbed her pencil that was next to me and securely placed it in her bag and I sneered at her. She  pulled her tongue out and grimaced. 

"You've been starring at the same line for over half an hour, it's an H2O2 Redox reaction, it's not that hard!" She pointed out and I sighted.

"I know" I whined.

"is it Alexander?" she asked with a sly smile and I almost passed out and cracked my head over the classroom table.

"NO!" I screamed as if somebody accused me of being a bank robber, " I mean...yeah, If he ditches the makeup quiz I'm done for it..."

I mean that was bothering me too but that wasn't all. 

Damn it! Where the hell did he go? Why do I let bother me so much?

"is that it?" she smiled, "I thought you missed him or something.."

"Ew, don't be gross..." I denied, "The only true way to miss him is to have a gun in one hand and alcohol in the other..." I closed my book shut.

I'm not in the mood for chemistry.

"I mean, you can always call him. Being lab partners in Mister Henderson's class is practically like being married. He makes partners take responsibility for each other and his grade counts for 60% of the total school year average..."

It felt kind of good hearing her say those words.

Married to Alexander? That sounded like a whole parallel universe. I wonder if he has a girlfriend though.

Still, we weren't that close. I mean, we exchange insults and take stabs at each other all the time but I don't even have his number. Aside from basic immature interactions, there really isn't anything deep between us.