Chapter 7 : Dealing with mild irritabilty 101

Start from the beginning

Is this the same idiot Alexander from half an hour ago? There's no way!

So many of his true colors have come out...Smart, serious, inteligent and extreamly seductive. 

Because whether I liked it or not, that one second where he forcefully yet gently held me on the ground would make any girl fall in love. 

I was still shaken by that. 

I breathed in then took a step back towards my pants that were on the floor and slid them up rapidly. He was facing the window like he couldn't look my way and it hurt so much.

I put my tank top in my bag, along with my watch and slipped my ring on my finger. I couldn't find where my hair tie was. I think I shoved it in my bag along with the books. So I left my hair down. I tugged a few strands behind my ears while looking for my other sock.

I finally grabbed both of my black socks and headed for the door. Earlier, I took my shoes off when I got inside the living room, he said I didn't have to but I wasn't going to walk on an expensive white carpet like that. 

I put those on and then heard footsteps coming towards the living room.

-You called for me? ..., River started and then stopped when he saw me, his eyebrows knitting together. 

Yeah, hey. What's up? I was just casually getting dressed in here...

Does their third friend live here or did he just drive from his house just to come take me home?

Alexander finally turned back to check if I was fully clothed before sighting then glancing towards River.

"You take her home, you drop her right at her door even if she whines, you wait until she gets inside to leave, understood?" he demanded and River nodded.

Uh, I think the fuck not.

"First of all" I started but River grabbed my elbow gently, "Come" he interrupted then slightly bowed his head towards Alexander.

I glanced towards him and he looked like he was pleading for me to just follow him and shut up.

I don't know River. I don't hate River. I partially think kindly of him. He doesn't steer trouble and he seems like a serious, articulate fellow. So I did follow him quietly.

I wanted to take one last look at Alexander but I didn't. With every step I took further from the living room I fought the urge to run back inside. I felt like I forgot something important in there but I couldn't figure out what.

He dropped me off right at my house. The car ride was awkward. I've never spoken to River before. He was always glued to Cole and Alexander. I didn't have much to talk to him about anyway. So we both just kept quiet. The sound of the radio concealed the silence.

Plus he seemed really tense. 

Do I tell him I just played stripped science quiz with Alexander? I felt so ashamed and guilty at the same time.

I went there to tutor him. I carelessly agreed to play his game. I never should've.

I get dropped right at the door of my house. I felt almost insecure about where he had to drop me. I lived in a bad neighborhood. My house was old, run down. Money's tight we can barely make rent. I got a part time job to help mom out but she wouldn't let me keep it. She said I needed to focus on my studies so I did. She works triple shifts sometimes just to make ends meet while Markus sits at home drinking and watching baseball.

You get why I'm so uptight about school. My mom's making sacrifices for me.

Alexander would never relate. I can't let him fuck me over on this.