Chapter Six ~Break~

Whitney drives down the road. She can feel them trying to break free and take control but she won't let them. After they killed her she's been saving up all the energy she can for this. To get revenge on them for all the pain they've caused.

Alex finally forces enough energy to appear next to her.
"Whitney, what are you doing?" Alex says in a panic. Whitney stares at the road but she knows he's not going to leave.
"You made me because you're guilty. So I'm taking you where guilty people go." Whitney says calmly.

"You can't do this. I can't go to prison, I'll lose my fucking mind." Alex yells.
"You've already lost your mind Alex. You lost your mind four years ago when you killed me. You're not just yourself, you're mixed with them too." Whitney replies to Alex. They continue arguing, but she won't budge. Whatever reason Alex made her she's determined to follow through with it.

Envy suddenly appears and grabs Whitney from behind. She rips Whitneys arms out of the body, making her release the steering wheel. The truck begins swerving through the street as Envy fights with Whitney.
"Remember me bitch, you remember my breath down your neck?" Envy says to Whitney excitedly.

Whitney slams the back of her head against Envy but Envy refuses to let go.
"You're about to have some new memories." Whitney replies. As they swerve Alex begins trying to force Whitney out of his body. The truck begins to hit eighty miles as they fight, until finally the truck hits a speed bump and flips. Whitney slams her face on the steering wheel and the body goes limp.

Alex tries to reach into the body. As he gets close to it, he feels a jolt of electricity strike him. For some reason he still can't get into his own body. After trying to get into it for nearly ten minutes, police officers and ambulances swarm around the wrecked truck.
"No, fuck fuck fuck. God damn it, no! Alex screams.

Police begin pulling out the body and Alex fades away slowly. He appears back in his head, Whitney is tied to the chair that he was put in four years ago. The others are trying to torture her. Envy is stabbing her over and over, Jack and Quinn are beating her, Bryan is holding her down.
"You can't hurt me. I don't feel anything after what you did to me." Whitney says with blood dripping down her mouth.

"Oh you'll find out bitch." Jack says to her. He grabs her by her face and lifting it up.
"I'm going to show you a psychopath." Jack and Whitney both say at the same time. He drops her face, stepping backwards. Shocked she can remember that far. Quinn steps to Alex.
"Alex... How much do you remember when we killed her..?" Quinn asks. Alex brushes it off and begins walking to Whitney. He grabs her and smacks her across the face.

"Do you know what you did? You got the cops on me, they're going to send me to prison!" Alex yells at Whitney. Whitney smiles at him.
"Alex... Alex... You know you need to be put away. You're not well." She says.
"Okay and what then. I'll be alone? You think they'll get rid of them because they came back the first time." Alex yells.

Whitney shakes her head.
"Alex you never went to a hospital when you were a kid. You were never tortured. They made you imagine all that shit to manipulate you." She laughs.
Envy grabs Alex tightly.
"Don't listen to her baby, she's lying." Envy whispers.
"I'm not. That electricity you feel is how they take control. They induce a feeling of pain, hallucinations to make you weak and take control. It's how I took control." Whitney tries to explain before Envy kicks her in the face.

Alex steps backwards, away from all of them. Even though he doesn't trust easy, this time he believes her... Why else would it be "blocked" from his memory unless they wanted control.
"Then what is this Whitney... Are all of you even real." Alex questions.

"We're as real as you believe us to be Alex. It's your imagination. You're schizophrenic, it's why you were on medications until your bitch mom took you off of them." Whitney remarks.
The others begin feeling weak, the black spots appear on their skin once more.

"Don't fall for it Alex, it's your brain trying to fight it. Trying to keep them alive. You made me as a defence mechanism Alex, don't believe them!" Whitney yells. Alex can hear them screaming. Almost like his brain is a machine, there's three beeps that get more high pitched than the last then a strong shock.

He feels the pain flowing through them. Whitney only sits there, she begins experiencing the same pain but no rings cover her body.
"If they're faking it then why are you in pain?" Alex asks nervously.
"Because you're dying Alex. The wreck gave you a brain bleed and they're dying with you." Whitney replies to him.

Three beeps, a shock. It continues to repeat as they fade away slowly. Alex eventually left alone in his own head. A feeling of peace covers him. Feeling relaxed for the first time in years.
Alex sits there in silence, accepting death to embrace him until a flash of light covers him. That's when he wakes up in the hospitals emergency room.

"He's awake, we have a pulse." A nurse says taking the defibulator off Alex's chest.
"Thank god, we almost lost him." Another nurse exclaims. Alex lays there in shock, and eventually passes back out. When he wakes up again, he is handcuffed to his hospital bed. He tries to get it off but there's no use. It's on there tight.
"Jack... Whitney?" Alex asks out loud. There's no response.

Soon; shortly after waking, a tall man walks into his room.
"Sir, do you know why you're here?" The man asks Alex.
"I um. I was in a car accident right?" Alex replies to him, still dazed.
"Yes, that is correct. Let me explain who I am. My name is Matthew Jameson, I'm a psychologist. After we recovered you, police connected multiple murders throughout the years to your name. Is this correct?" Matthew asks Alex.

Alex only looks down in shame and nods.
"Yes sir, that is correct." Alex says sadly.
"Alex how are you feeling emotionally?" Matthew asks to him.
"I feel regret. At the same time though I feel peaceful." Alex explains.
"Good. Because I have reason to believe you've had a psychological break... One that has lasted for quite a long time. In your history it shows your father is a schizophrenic and he had the same situation." Matthew tells to Alex.

"Now, unfortunately you will be sent to prison for the murders. There is no denial on that. Now what I can do for you is promote therapy, with me, during your sentence." Matthew continues.
"How long will my sentence be?" Alex asks Matthew. He looks at Alex and shakes his head in disappointment.
"Twenty seven years. I'm sorry." He says to poor Alex.

Alex only stares blankly at the ceiling. Unable to believe that he's finally been caught, and after being caught they all left him to rot alone. Or were they even real? He can't stop thinking if Envy, Jack, Quinn... all of them, if they were real or just a segment of his disorder.

After two weeks of being hospitalized, Alex is taken to court. After court he is sent to a maximum security prison where he must spend almost thirty years going through intense therapy and undergo treatments for his condition. As Alex sits in his cell, he can only imagine what will come next.