Chapter One ~The First~

The past few weeks for Alex have been far beyond normal. He never really had a decent life to begin with anyways. The first thing that happened to him was when he was only eight years old, his father had disappeared never to come back...
Sure his mom was there for him, but she didn't comfort like a mom should after his dad left.

Afterwards, Alex began having issues with other kids. They bullied him,  picked on him for his dad not being around.  Normal asshole kid type shit. After years of it, he just brushed it off. Poor kid never really had friends. However this is just a bit of a back story for young Alex. Because after he turned sixteen things started turning sideways. It began with the ringing in his ears, that buzzing noise he just couldn't get rid of. Then the nightmares, visions of killing other people. The sleep walking, sleep paralysis, an urge he just kept scratching at.

This went on for about a week until he began hearing voices. Not just one, but many. Each telling him different things, awful things. He managed to continually brush them off and out of his head, ignoring them even when they screamed for his attention. Every now and then Alex would talk to himself, however this only lasted for a few minutes.

Around the third week that's when his entire body just felt drained. No matter how much he slept, it seemed like he was awake for hours and hours. Reaching a breaking point, he just kept trying to hold onto his sanity until it went even farther down hill on his last day of school...

Alex thumps his pencil against his notebook. He eyes down a young blonde girl, not being able to take his eyes off of her.
It's his last class, and the bell finally rings. He watches her walk out before following her.
"Hey!" He yells waving her over. She turns around, slowly walking to him.
"Hi, do i um... know you?" She asks him.
He stares back at her.
"Um, actually no. But I'd like to meet you, I'm-" a voice cuts out in his head almost like a whisper. "Quinn".
"I'm Quinn."
She looks at him with a smile.
"I'm Whitney,  it's nice to meet you."

They stare at each other,  both noticeably nervous. He takes a breath before speaking.
"Would you like to go on a date with me? Maybe a movie? Tomorrow night."
She gives a flirty laugh. "I'd love to Quinn."
They exchange numbers and make arrangements for a movie the next day and part ways. On the walk home Alex begins getting a slight twitch in his left eye, whispers cloud him, getting louder.

"You need to kill her." A female voice breaks loose.
"Not just kill. You need to please her. Please yourself."
A deep male voice speaks after.
"Devour her."
Alex snaps at himself in public, looking like a crazy person.
"Who are you!?" He yells.
Pedestrains just anxiously stare and walk away from him. A new voice speaks, this is another man but sounds like a kid.
"We're your family Alex. Don't you recognize us?"
He takes a deep breath and then asks himself quietly to avoid attention
"What are your names.?"
Voices cloud him immediately, making him twitch again.
"Envy, Quinn, Jack, Bryan. We've always been with you Alex. We want to help you become who you use to be."
He nods with curiosity.
"Who did i use to be?" He asks them.

They all speak at once.
"Don't you remember?"
He begins having visions, as a young boy. Strangling an old dog,  violating her, getting caught. Being put through electro therapy, forced to forget.
Envy chuckles.
"You forgot about us Alex,  but we never forgot about you.  Go ahead and sleep,  let's go home baby."
The voices disappear,  and Alex walks the rest of his way home,  slightly overwhelmed by what just happened.

After arriving home Alex flops over on his bed, staring blanky at his ceiling. He skipped dinner tonight with his Mother, had a sick feeling in his stomach. Only focusing on what he remembered.
"Envy, are you there?" He asks himself nervously. However there's nothing there but dead space.
"Fucking christ... i must be losing my damn mind."
A knock is heard from his door. Alex's Mother walks in.
"Sweetheart, you feeling okay?" She asks with concern.
Alex nods.
"Sorry i skipped dinner mom. I just had a crazy day."
She sits at the foot of his bed. "Do you want to talk about it?"
He continues to stare at the ceiling.