Chapter Five ~Almost Alone~

A suffocating feeling covers Alex. Going on for hours, trapped in darkness. A light, a doorway full of light is opening in front of him. Alex starts running towards it, but the closer he gets the more he loses breath. Tears stream down his face from the loss of air, the pain of collapsing lungs.

Almost like the darkness doesn't want to let him go. Alex manages to stick his hand inside of the light, and he feels a hand grap him. It's like tug of war, every hand that grabs him from the light grabs him in the darkness. Pulling him back and forth over and over again. As the last of his breath leaves his body, Alex forces himself into the light and leaps through the doorway.

Alex takes a deep breath, coughing like someone does after almost drowning. He looks around this brightly lit room surrounded by what looks like television screens. One by one they turn on. A shadowy figure stands there in the screens.
"You can't leave me Alex." The figure speaks through all of the televisions.
Alex is still coughing, even if the figure wasn't shadowed he wouldn't be able to see it anyways. His vision repeatedly blurs out from the pain.

"Who are you?" Alex chokes out. He feels like he recognizes the shape but can't but a face on it.
"Don't worry, you're safe." The figure speaks. Before Alex can say anything the figure repeats it's first words.
"You can't leave me Alex."
Alex shakes his head.
"No... no, this isn't right. Where am I?"  Alex asks the figure. As he ends the question the figure only repeats itself.
"You can't leave me Alex, don't worry you're safe. You can't leave me Alex, don't worry you're safe." The figure continues on and on.

Alex begins shaking, his head rushes. He begins smashing the televisions one by one hoping to make the voices stop. Each t.v. he breaks, the louder the voices get. Almost screaming at Alex, he grows more violent and continues destroying the screens. Finally, the voices stop and there's only one screen left. Alex stares at it, as the figure stares back.

He slowly makes his way to the screen. The closer he gets the more the clearer the figure becomes. Before he makes it to the last screen, Alex stops dead in his tracks. The figure stays completely still, but he knows it's staring directly at him. Alex swallows, takes a deep breath, then speaks.
"What are you?" He asks calmly.
The figure tilts it's head, and places it's had on the screen.
"You killed me Alex." It speaks, as suddenly Alex is thrown through the wall and wakes up in the slaughter room at his house.

Alex stumbles around, he notices the man chained on one of his machines unconscious. Also noticing many broken capsules he uses to kidnap people.
"Envy, Quinn..? Jack? Bryan? You guys here?" Alex asks himself. There's no response. Chills run down his spine. They've always responded to Alex. It doesn't even feel like they're there.

If there wasn't an unconscious person in the room with him it would almost be like a dream. However, just because the others aren't with him. Alex still has urges to complete. He grabs one of his knives and begins walking towards the man.
"Maybe killing him will make them speak." Alex mumbles to himself as he gets closer to the man. He raises the knife up, ready to strike. As Alex gets ready to end the mans life, a buzzing noise occurs in his ears and a voice.

"So... This is what you are now Alex?" A female voice from behind speaks. This voice, Alex recognizes. It's not Envy and he knows that for sure. He turns to see it's a beautiful blonde woman. No... more than just that. Alex's eyes widen, he drops the knife as chills run down his whole body.
"Whi-Whitney." Alex stutters. He rubs his eyes.
"How, how the fuck are you -"
"Alive, oh. I'm not. Don't you remember Alex, you killed me." Whitney says, cutting Alex off.

"I know I killed you. I mean why are you here." Alex asks in a demanding tone. Whitney only smiles at Alex.
"I don't know. You're seeing me aren't you?" Whitney replies sarcastically.
He scoffs at her snooty remark.