The Connection

The relief you get from remembering a word or a place that was on the tip of your tongue is how I felt when I realised mine and India's connection.

It was so obvious, I couldn't believe it was in front of me the whole time. Behind those auburn locks and glossy green eyes was more than a shy, insecure girl. It was a fear I also felt internally, so strong it hurt like i was being punched.

It could've been fate, or perhaps just luck, but we were paired together as lab partners. It was a tedious and repetitive experiment and so conversation was easy to start. To my surprise though, she began. Her deep, meaningful gaze looked straight at me as she read my thoughts.

"Look, I know what you're going to say Sienna, I need to expl-" She began before  I interrupted her.

"I do too India. About.. a lot of things."

"Like what?" She replied, with great curiosity, "I mean i kind of have an idea but I may be wrong."

"It's probably better if we meet up after school? I don't feel comfortable taking about it while there are 20-ish people listening." I stated, eager to get away from this hell-hole, alone with India.

"Okay, sure." India agreed.

The rest of the day went so slowly.