Chapter Nine : Not A Goodbye But A Hello

Start from the beginning

"I know you did, Demarco." I said.

"I'm serious, Cèline, I can't give you the world, but I'll give you all I got." He said.

"Demarco, I told you, I do not want the world. I only want you in it." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"If I date you, the goal is to marry you. Build with you. Grow with you. I'm not dating you to just pass time. I see potential in you." I answered.

The he did something, I wasn't expecting but something I had already experienced. He got down on one knee.

"Cèline, marry me." He said.

"Demarco, it's too soon." I said.

"I want to marry you. I want to have kids with you. I want to build us a home. I want to settle down and grow old with you. I wanna die when I'm 110 years old, with my arms wrapped around you. I don't want 48 uninterrupted hours. I want a lifetime with you, Cèline." He said.

"Why would you want to marry me?" I asked.

"So I can kiss you anytime I want." He asnwered.

"You're so corny." I said.

"I know that's your favorite scene from that American movie." He said smiling.

"Demarco-"

"You do not have to say yes, you have time to think about and you can give me your answer when you are ready." He said. I smiled as a tear slipped. This man knew all the right things to say.

"I know that we will get married one day, because my heart is ready to share my life with you." I said.

-

King Demarco II of Norland has left England and returned home after a two week State Visit to England

-

Statue of blinded soldiers unveiled by HRH Princess Cèline of Wales

A bronze statue commemorating the end of the First World War has been unveiled in Manchester this week by Her Royal Highness Princess Cèline of Wales GCVO.

The statue, of seven blinded First World War soldiers, has been permanently placed outside Manchester Piccadilly Station as a memorial to the injured of that conflict.

Commissioned by military charity Blind Veterans UK, the statue, entitled Victory Over Blindness, depicts the seven soldiers after losing their sight, marching with their hand on the shoulder of the man in front. The Princess of Wales unveiled the statue in her role as Patron of Blind Veterans UK.

Blind Veterans UK was founded more than 100 years ago to support those blinded in the First World War. Now, the charity supports veterans regardless of when they served or how they lost their sight.

Victory over blindness is a phrase first used by the founder of Blind Veterans UK, Sir Arthur Pearson, and continues to guide the charity's principles today. Blind Veterans UK supported more than 3,000 First World War blind veterans with rehabilitation and training allowing them to achieve victory over blindness.

Speaking at the unveiling ceremony, Her Royal Highness said:

"This statue commemorates not only the 100thanniversary of the end of the First World War but also the life-changing support Blind Veterans UK offers to vision-impaired ex-Service men and women since that conflict through to the present day.

"As we approach the anniversary of the end of the First World War and, quite rightly, remember all of those who never returned, it is also important to remember those who did, changed by their experiences.

"I have seen at first hand the difference the charity makes to the lives of blind veterans and I am looking forward to meeting many more blind veterans here today and hearing their stories."

-