Need someone like you 2 - Virgil & Patton & Roman

Start from the beginning

The woman in the doorway straightened out her dress and sighed, sending Patton an apologetic look. "I'm sorry about him, he's never really had a good relationship with anyone. By now, if anyone tries he becomes...angry" she explained with a sad undertone.

Virgil wanted to stay with his dad while he talked to the woman he couldn't recall the name of, but then he worried about his room, and wondered if Roman was doing anything to his stuff. It was irrational to think, but sometimes when he was really mad, he would break things, and he didn't particularly want any of his belongings broken.

Slowly, he crept up the staircase, as if he was worried any slight noise would start the boy off again. Placing a hand on the doorknob, he pushed it open and spotted Roman sitting on his bed, head in his hands, chest heaving as he brought in wavering gulps of air. Virgil didn't know what to say; what could he say? Sometimes letting anger out on it's own was the safest route, so he silently closed the door and flopped onto his bed, returning to tumblr while listening to Roman's ragged breathing from the other side of the room.

"No puedo vivir aquí, no puedo, ellos me van a traicionar otra vez" Virgil heard him mutter, but he couldn't understand a word, so he stayed silent. Not like he would talk if the boy was speaking in English, anyway. Roman lifted his head from his hands, turning his head to stare at the darkly dressed boy who was squeezed into the corner of the wall his bed was pressed to, eyes focused on the screen, but Roman knew he was staring at him from his peripheral.

He walked across the room to the window, gazing down at the car he and that woman were arguing in for the entire trip over. Minutes passed, and she finally left, which meant Roman could make his own escape. Twirling around on his feet, he grabbed his bag and hurried down the staircase, ignoring the fact Virgil was following him; these two people won't care about him, he persuaded himself, they're just...doing it to be seen as better people.

"Kiddo-?"

"Leave me alone" Roman barked at the man who appeared from the living room after hearing heavy footsteps thump from the staircase. The man crossed his arms and rose an eyebrow disapprovingly, "now, now, Roman. We don't use that tone of voice in here" he reprimanded, but all Roman did was narrow his eyes in response, ready to whip open the front door and make a break for it but he realised this man was going to be harder to get away from than originally assumed.

He stood in front of the door, expression proving he wasn't about to let Roman leave. He clenched his fists, wondering how easy it would be to take on this man in a fight, but he almost physically recoiled at the thought, the idea of fighting made him disgusted; last time he saw a fully fledged fight was between his parents, and he never wanted to end up like them. He guessed he would have to escape some other time. Sending Patton one more glare, he marched back up the staircase to his room, once again Virgil didn't move from the staircase when he passed by in fury.

Patton sighed, sending Virgil a smile. "C'mon, Kiddo, let's make dinner" he urged, waiting until Virgil was beside him before wrapping an arm around his shoulders and guiding him towards the kitchen. Cooking seemed to take both of their minds off of things, although Patton made sure to glance down the hallway every now and again to make sure Roman wasn't planning to silently get away again.

Once dinner was ready, Patton scooped up the pasta into three bowls, adding the sauce afterwards. "I'll go get Roman" he beamed, pressing a kiss to Virgil's forehead before hurrying down the hallway and up the stairs. He wondered what the boy had been through to end up like this, the mere thought pained him greatly, he hoped he could earn Roman's trust and show him there are people he could trust without any backlash.

Knocking on the door, "Kiddo! Dinner's ready!" He called, softly pushing it open to see Roman sitting on his bed, earphones blasting music, hands shakily tearing pieces of paper Patton didn't know where he got from. That must be his way to diffuse his anger. Realising he would want to be alone for awhile, and not sit with them to eat, he grabbed the boy's bowl and placed it on his bedside table. Roman watched him as he did, fiddling with the paper littered across his bed.