Chapter Sixty Seven

10/16/2018

Ryder wasted no time in connecting their lips again, hungrily kissing her while she tried to keep up.

She held onto his shoulders tightly, nerves building in her stomach.

She squeezed her eyes shut as Ryder trailed his lips down to her jaw, when suddenly there was a knock on the door.

Kristin jolted, her nervousness making her jumpy.

Ryder chuckled, watching her try to catch her breath with an amused expression.

"Not funny," she flicked his nose, making his scowl at her as she slid off of his lap.

Ryder tried pulling her back but she slipped out of his hold.

"Come in," she called, taking a step away from Ryder and smoothing down her black skirt.

Ethan popped his head in the room, "Alpha, Luna," he nodded.

"We're busy," Ryder replied, waving him out before he could get a chance to talk.

"No we aren't," Kristin eyed him, making him roll his eyes.

"Uh... I was just going to let you know, Andrew and his team found a lead on the rogues whereabouts."

"They did?" Kristin widened her eyes, glancing at Ryder, who now seemed more interested.

"Yes, it isn't much, but he said they found their trace in Knightly, about two towns over."

"Good," Ryder said, standing up, "Tell him to keep tracking them, and make sure we know if they start heading back this way. The Luna Celebration is tomorrow and I don't want them getting any ideas."

"We are preparing for the worst," Kristin replied, "We'll be ready if they decide to show up."

Ryder nodded, his gaze lingering on her. More specifically, her neck.

"If anything changes, let us know. Thanks Ethan," she nodded, letting him leave them.

As soon as he closed the door behind him, Ryder walked over, putting his hands on her waist and pulling her towards him.

"Did you even hear what Ethan said," she teased, giving him a pointed look.

Ryder smirked, replying by kissing her neck.

"Ryder," she stopped him from going any further.

"Please tell me you didn't change your mind already," he groaned, pulling away.

She laughed, making him raise a brow.

"No, I haven't. I just think maybe we should do this at home. So no one interrupts us again and I have to mentally prepare myself all over again—"

Before she was finished Ryder was already dragging her out the door and down the stairs.

"Ryder!" she couldn't help but laugh, "You're going to pull my arm off."

He only slowed down the tiniest bit, "Do you want me to carry you?"

"No, I want you to slow down!"

"Not going to happen. This is what you get for making me wait so long."

In record time they were walking through the door to their house, Kristin slowly made her way to the couch much to Ryder's fast pace.

"Okay, there has to be rules," she began, covering up her neck.

"Rules? You've got to be kidding me," Ryder scrunched his nose, sitting beside her.