02

Michael Langdon had just arrived, he walked into the room where all the survivors sat, attention was quickly on him as he scanned around the room checking everyone out, a blonde sat in the corner of the room who seemed nothing but a stupid girl to him, next was a man with bleach blonde hair, who like the girl seemed stupid, his thinking was interrupted by Coco.
"Well who the hell are you?" She asked.
"My name is Michael Langdon, member of the cooperative, I will be the one to interview you all and see if you are capable of being in the sanctuary."
Coco opened her mouth again, "and how will you even do this crap, by doing tests or something?"
Michael ignored her comment, "I have no time to answer silly questions, I'm here to talk to all of you and I need all the time I have, so I'm going to make this quick, I'll call you up one by one, no objections."
Everyone around the room seemed intimidated, it even got Coco to finally shut up.
"Ok random person, you over there."
Michael pointed to the girl with brown hair.
"What's your name?"
"Peyton."
Peyton gulped and got out of her seat, eighteen months she had to stay in this awful boring place eating nothing but gelatine cubes, and to think she'd been better of dying in the blast pissed her off.
"Follow me." Michael said and walked to the quietest room in the place, the office.
Peyton followed behind him like he asked and sat down in one of the chairs, she stayed calm and looked in front of her, she hadn't really looked at Michael much, but something about him made her worried, something bad, she just got a feeling inside, and her first impressions of people were never wrong.
"So your names Peyton Ray, I'm gonna ask you a very simple question, why do you deserve to live?"
Peyton's mind went blank trying to think of an answer, "well, I'm not gonna sit here and beg and plead for the chance to live, I'm not that kind of person, I'm not desperate like most of the people here, but I sure as hell deserve to live, I've had to deal with whatever life's threw at me, unlike the rest of the people here I worked my ass off for everything I got, I wasn't born into a wealthy family, I got abandoned to live by myself when I was 16, I did not work my ass off every day just to sit here and rot to death, and that's why I deserve to live."
Peyton finished talking looking right at Michael who was writing stuff down.
"What's your biggest fear Peyton."
Peyton looked at him in confusion, she had no idea why this question mattered, "my biggest fear is... that's a good question, I had a few fears before I came here, but now, I don't think I fear anything that much."
She looked up at Michael again who seemed to be thinking about something, "I think your lying, you seem to be intimidated about something right now, I can tell."
Peyton shrugged, "I can't help if I get a bad vibe off someone."
"So you get a bad vibe off me?"
"Something about you seems off, and I always know when something is off."
Peyton bit her bottom lip and leaned back in the chair she was sitting in, she didn't know why but ever since a young age she could sense things, almost like she could see inside a person, she never knew why but she could tell when something was wrong minutes before it happened, it almost felt like she could tell the future, but that was impossible.
"What do you think is off about me?" Michael questioned again intrigued by her suspicions, he felt like she wasn't just a normal person, like there was some sort of aura around her.
"I think you've done a few bad things before, I can't tell what, but something really bad."
Michael sat there and wrote down one thing 'figure out how Peyton Ray is' she had never seen this girl in his life but he needed to know what she was, she wasn't a normal person, he was sure of that now, he needed to find out how she had managed to figure out he had done things before.
"Alright you can leave, I'll get another interview with you tomorrow, we have more to talk about."
Peyton got out of her seat and turned around, Michael grabbed a pen from the desk and quickly threw it towards her, he needed to figure out her, and he needed to see how she reacted to this.
Peyton didn't know why, but she felt like something was going to happen in the next few seconds, she swiftly turned around and seen a plain black pen coming her way, she caught it in her hand and looked at Michael, "Make it less obvious next time."
She dropped the pen and walked out shutting the door, her eyes widened realising what had just happened, 'why did I know he threw the pen? That's so weird, there's something off, I don't know why.'

Hiiii, I've got a few reads already and I'm so shook 😂😂☺️ love all 5 of you. This story will definitely start slow but I swear it will get better, would appreciate if you voted and continued reading ❤️❤️