Chapter 12 - Dedicated 2Jordan and Raelynn

I was dreading the thought of going for the dance classes. Seeing Jordan didn't top my list, it never did, but I wanted to see him nonetheless. I walked as slowly as I could but eventually got to the room. I walked inside and saw that there was no Jordan, I was the only one in the room with my disappointment. I waited till everyone came but Jordan didn't. I took out my phone and saw the messages from my friends. They all wished me happy birthday and how much they missed me and all. I felt tears stinging in my eyes, I didn't have Amber with me today.

It was Halloween as well, so many people were dressed in black and scary attires. I wore a black dress that ended just above my thighs, it had 'Lovely' written on it's front in red. Amber and I dressed up gothic every Halloween, Amber loved being a goth so we'd go around in gothic clothes celebrating our birthday. We also got gothic gifts. I brushed the memory off and though of Jordan.

I didn't see Jordan in the cafeteria either nor did I see him anywhere else. Not until at night when I saw him sitted on the floor, outside my room. He was asleep yet again. I couldn't enter my room because his back was resting on it. He didn't attend the classes. I felt bad, and I did like him.

I sat down on the floor next to him and rested my head on his shoulder, I needed his support today. Suddenly, my phone rang. He stirred and then woke up.

"Raelynn...." he whispered looking at me. I promptly checked the caller id, it was my mom.

"Hello?" I spoke. She wished me for my birthday, but she was crying. Thinking of Amber had us both in tears, I looked away from Jordan and wiped the tears that fell. "Thanks mom... I know... Nope I'm not celebrating... It's not a birthday really... I love you too." I hung up and turned towards Jordan.

"Hi." I said. I stepped forward and he did too, I opened my room and asked him to come in. He stood by the door looking at me. "Sit down Jordan." he sat on the sofa and stared at me. "Why are you doing all this?" I asked as I sat down next to him. He looked sick, and drowsy like he hadn't slept in days.

"Raelynn... I just want to be with you.. I really like you." he said, softly.

I looked in his eyes, they were so true and so dark. "Really?" I asked.

"Really, really." he said as he held my hand. I moved closer to him.

"Me too Jordan." I said in a low voice. He stood up unexpectedly. He looked serious. I stood up.

"What's wrong?" I asked, not moving closer to him. He pulled me in a hug, and didn't let me go. I inhaled his scent. "Why do you like me?" I wondered loudly. He pulled me back and looked at me like I was mad.

He touched my cheek. "Because you're beautiful, and sweet and so different. I've seen no girl like you Raelynn." he hugged me again. "Do you really like me too?"

"I do, with all my heart Jordan. But I'm scared." I confessed, still in his arms.

"Why? There's nothing you should be scared of." he said as his arms tightened around me.

"You're a teacher, I'm a student. What will people think? It's not approved of."

"It is, you're with me then everything's approved of." he slowly pulled away and made me sit on the sofa. Then he sat on the floor and put his head on my laps. He held my hand in his and sat that way, silent for so long. I thought he was asleep. I leaned back on the sofa and closed my eyes.

I felt myself being carried off the sofa. I immediately opened my eyes and grabbed his neck. He laughed and put me down on the bed. "Happy Birthday Raelynn.." he gently pressed his lips on my forehead and I heard the door close. I finally felt good, after all those days.