Chapter 6

****

"You're an awesome dancer Rae. You always danced better than me remember? When we were kids!" I assured her.

"Yeah yeah, I can see that. You danced so nicely Lynn as in you made me cry remember? And I want atleast one of us to win this- so just fill in your name please!" she pleaded, giving me the cute puppy-eyed look. She pouted and jumped on my bed making it shake! I couldn't resist and it sounded like a good idea and if I won the competition I could get a scholarship for any college I wanted to go to.

"Well okay I'll do it, doesn't sound so bad after all." I said jumping up and down with Rae like a monkey.

"Okay okay lets practice now fine, choose a song and you need a partner by the way." she informed me.

"You can be my partner Rae."

"No ways I suck at dancing and I'm so shy." she laughed at herself.

"Oh no, who will I dance with? My friends are out of league, they can't even shake their legs!" I joked with a hint of seriousness. I looked at Rae as we both thought about who I could dance with.

"Dance with Thorne!" she exclaimed.

"What? No way- I mean he probably has a partner!" Thorne was a Korean and one of the best dancers in school and his real name was Thoren Nehemiah, but he liked to be called Thorne. He was our classmate but I never really spoke with him, Rae did though, she knew everyone in school and had their numbers and all. However, he took part in every dance competition and was in the top three dancers of our school.

"He will wait." she pulled out her phone from her pocket and called him. She sat down on the floor and waited patiently for him to pick up. Meanwhile, she pinched my legs and forced me to sit now next to her.

"Hey Thorne! Yes I'm good you? Are you taking part in Shake it up? Well yes of course you are... Got a partner? Not yet I see.. I can get you one if you want.. Yeah good one duh... My sis... Yeah the twin, she's good... Obviously.. Yeah fine we'll meet you there.. Thanks bye." she smiled broadly and it reached her eyes, after long. Tightly she hugged me and told me we had to meet him at his place and she knows his address.

We quickly dressed up and I wore a blue short and a matching top with no make-up since it was night time. We drove in our cars and were there in fifteen minutes. His house was a big mansion, the lawns were neatly manicured along with the various shaped bushes and huge trees. Plants were lined along the driveway and the house, which was white in color and had blue windows that shined in the moon light- in short it was perfect!

Rae knocked on the front door and he immediately opened.

"Hey Rae, hey Amber." he said in his korean-english accent.

"Hey Thorne." I said while Rae gave him a hug.

"Wow! It's really confusing to tell you apart. Except for your clothes." he said surprised.

"Oh! We never knew!" Rae looked at him sympathetically as we both burst out laughing at his comment!

"Sorry sorry!" I apologized between fits of laughter. He looked at us weirdly and invited us in. His house was huge and blue; the seats, the table, the curtains, the walls, the fridge and whatnot. He brought us cans of red bull as we dicussed about the competition.

"So Amber, what song do you want to dance on?" he asked as he took a sip of his red bull.

"Do you have any song in mind?" I thought about all the songs I knew. No song seemed to strike my mind.

"What about boom boom pow by Black Eyed Peas? We can do awesome break dance on it!" he insisted standing up and sitting down next to me. It wasn't a bad idea and I liked the song and well if he knew the steps...