Chapter 11

The corridors were empty today since it was a Friday. Many students had gone out to enjoy. I wanted to go and see Amber but I had to go for dance practice. I hated dancing now. There was soft music coming from the room as I approached it. I knocked on the door, maybe there was someone inside. I heard footsteps and Jordan opened the door.

He wore a blue jeans and a green shirt, no waist coat on top of a shirt, like he always did in school. "Hi." he smiled at me. "Get in."

"Thanks Jordan." there was a round table in the middle of the room, there was a lantern on top of it. There were two chairs in the room and it was empty otherwise. "What's all this?" I looked at him questioningly.

"Nothing, just thought we could have dinner here." he gave me a small smile as he pulled a chair and asked me to sit down. "I know Raelynn you find this weird, but I really like you." he said. I looked at him flabbergasted. He didn't just say that? The hottest boy in school liked me, but did I like him? I still liked Auberon, I wasn't over him yet.

"I'm sorry Jordan, but I... I can't do this I'm so... sorry." I stood up and walked towards the door. He held my hand and stopped me.

"But why? You don't like me?" he asked, sadness filled his eyes.

"I... I don't know Jordan. I have to go see Amber, I'm sorry." I stammered, there was an inquisitive look on his face, upon my mentioning Amber. I pulled my hand away from his and walked out of the door. I went to my room and washed my face. I took my car keys and set out to go and see Amber at the hospital. I drove as fast I could.

The hospital was a few kilometres away from my college. I stepped into Amber's ward and saw her lying on her bed, like she did for the past few weeks. I sat down next to her and held her hand: it was cold and lifeless and so weak. I saw a drop of tear fall on her hand, I wiped it away Amber shouldn't see me cry in this condition. But could she see really? The doctor said she could hear all what we said, maybe she did.

"Wake up Amber, please wake up. I'm your big sis right? Then listen to what I say? I need you please." I started sobbing, why won't she wake up? I was so alone. My sister, my reflection, a part of my soul, my twin was asleep. I sat there for two hours and decided I should return back home. It was almost ten when I left the hospital.

I drove back to college slowly but got there in less then thirty minutes. Many students were still out so including Ryan and Leda. They were with their families. I saw the chubby receptionist and waved at her. I saw Jordan sitting at the staircase that led to the teachers room. I tried to avoid him but the receptionist had to speak to me.

"You look sad honey, what's wrong?" she asked, looking really concerned. Jordan looked up when he heard her speak. I pretended I didn't see him.

"It's nothing, I got a flu." I defended.

"No it's so obvious you cried, are you sure you're fine?" she said. I nodded and climbed the stairs that led to my room. I looked at Jordan before I climbed up, he looked really sad. Did he really like me that much? I practically ran to my room. I had a nice, warm, long shower and changed into my new night shorts and my sleeveless night top. And ended the day.

****

I woke up when I heard my phone ringing. It was my alarm. I changed into my brown hot pants and a white play boy t-shirt. I put on my black sneakers and took my phone and went to pick Leda. We had breakfast at the cafeteria, where I saw Jordan sitting with Mrs Beth by the door. He didn't look up, but he had no idea I was there anyway. We finished eating and Ryan joined us, he was with Loren. I had to walk past Jordan and I tried to keep my distance, but he autimatically looked up towards me. I looked away.