Chapter 8

My eyes scanned all the students in the room until my eyes detected Thorne, who was leaning on the only table in the room and talking to a petite girl with red hair. She had a guitar in her hand. He saw me and smiled.

"I'm so glad you're here Rae! How's Amber?" he asked as he pulled me into a long, tight hug.

"She's the same, I have to visit her on Friday." I answered looking at the girl Thorne was standing with. "Your friend is waiting."

"Oh she's not a friend, she's my girlfriend Intain." he motioned for her to come over. "She is in our year, Intain this is Raelynn, one of the sweetest friends I've ever had." Intain smiled at me.

"Okay everyone settle down now! No wasting time." upon hearing the voice the students started filling out of the room. Only about 12 remained. And they all were in pairs of two: Thorne and Intain. I heard the door open and a cute, Asian boy, who was around 6'1 walked in. I stared at him while everbody greeted him with smiles.

He placed a bag he was carrying on the table along with some books. I looked at Thorne in confusion, was that teacher Jordan? He was so cute. "So I hear we have a new girl?" he looked at me for a long time, with his mouth hanging open. Then he quickly shut his mouth and smiled at me. "Your name is?" he asked.

"Raelynn Strend." I was tired of introducing myself. He turned him back on me and started the music.

"Everyone dance!" he walked towards me as everyone started dancing. "You really have to catch up on the dance, late for three weeks? That's almost a month, what kept you?" he asked as he stood next to me, not touching me.

"My sister met with an accident so.. so I..." I trailed off as the tears made their way to my eyes. "I had to be with her."

"Oh sorry, what happened to her?" he asked looking concerned.

"Err I...I..." I said not looking at him, fearing he'll see my tears, but I started crying nonetheless.

" I hope she's fine now? I'm sorry Raelynn." he patted my arm and continued looking concerned.

"Thanks."

"Everyone stop! We'll try a new step today." he said as he returned to his normal place.

The guys nodded.

"Rae has no partner!" Thorne said, looking astonished. I looked at him and he gave me a sly smile.

"Okay so Raelynn, now I guess you can help me out then, come here." I walked towards him and he smiled. "So everyone see what I'll do then follow me." He put his hand on the small of my back and pulled me close but there was a huge gap. He then held my left hand and put it on his shoulder, but it didn't reach where he wanted it to be so he bent lower because he was taller, I put it there perfectly and he took hold my right hand and started moving slowly in circles. "Everyone do this."

We did that step for a while. Then he moved back. "Miss Harlison, let your back bone be straight don't bend in. -Thorne that's perfect, but you just have to pull her in closer." he turned towards me with a strict look on his face. "Raelynn?"

"Yes umm Sir." I replied.

"You need to catch up a lot. Let's do this for now. Show me how we danced." I stared at him for a few seconds before I put my hands in the air imagining there was some one under them and started moving. "No that's not the way Raelynn, your left hand should be this way and your left should be straight, yeah like that." he helped me through the dance for the rest of the hour but it was still hard for me. Amber would've mastered it in so easily.

He picked up his bag and walked out of class as the lesson ended.

"Damn that girl gets to dance with Jordan!" a girl said as she jumped around.

Thorne came to me and laughed. "These girls ' love Jordan, you were good. I thought it was Amber dancing, you're so good."

"Thorne stop flattering me. I have language now?"

"Yeah and you have to choose one: Spanish, French, German, Korean, Chinese, Hindi, Arabic. So which one?"

"Korean? Sounds good." I said.

"It's awesome I take that, let's go." he held my hand and took me to the class.

****

"Show us your room!" Leda insisted, jumping up and down on the sofa in the reception area while Ryan laughed.

"Get down Leda!" an old, chubby lady sitted behind the reception counter scolded . "It's not your bed."

"Ahh!" Leda groaned! Feeling slightly embarrased since Abraxas was standing at the counter staring at her. He waved at me, thinking I was Amber. I should tell him the truth, I thought as Leda broke through my thoughts.. "Let's go." and they followed me to my room.

"This is my room. 190." Ryan said.

"And my room is on the other side, 162." Leda added. We entered my room. "How I like new rooms! Let's set it up?" she looked at me. I nodded, I didn't want to do it anyway. Ryan set up my study table and my bookshelf, he placed my shoes on the bookshelf as well. Leda set up my wardrobe while I made my bed.

"I'll get you a curtain." Ryan said as he left the room. He returned with a dark blue curtain and fixed it for me.

"I'm hungry!" my stomach growled in hunger. "What time's dinner?"

"In ten, let's move it's almost nine." Leda said.

The cafeteria was buzzing with students and teachers everywhere. I had a cheese sandwich with Ryan- who was obsessed with them. But they tasted good. We sat outside on the green benches after dinner. It was nine already.

"So Rae, how was your first meeting with Jordan?" Leda asked excitedly.

"Oh Leda is so interested!" Ryan teased. Leda poked him In the stomach with a pen. "Ouch!"

"It was okay I guess." I replied honestly.

"WHAT? Okay? Unbelievable. Are you human?" she faked a broken heart look. She went on and on about how I was a robot because I said the class was okay.

"Okay, okay fine I agree, he is hot!" I said, defeated. I didn't want to accept that, but I had to.

"Time to sleep guys!" William said as he walked around with a lantern to make it look more dramatic, since the lights were switched on. "Hey Raelynn! Have a nighty night."

"Let's go." Leda stood up and walked away. Ryan stayed with me and escorted me to my room, since his room was right next to mine.

"Good night Ryan."

"Night Raelynn." he gave me a quick hug and went inside his room. I had a warm shower and changed into my night dress. I looked at Amber's pictures in my iPhone. I missed her so bad. I hoped she would wake up soon.