Chapter nine

Frey was still day-dreaming once a jolt of magic shocked her out of it. She quickly snapped out of it and wondered what on the earth had happened. She is getting both anxious and happiness emotions running through her. Just then, her phone started ringing and she quickly glanced to see whether her Professor is looking at her direction.
Thankfully, he is not looking at her so she picked up her phone. Before she could say anything, her mother told her to come straight to Lake Alvon without any moment to lose. Her mother even told her to make some excuse to the Professor and hanged up.
Freya wondered what on earth had happened that made her mother act like that. Then only she was able to understand that the reason why her mother was telling her to go to the Lake. It meant only one thing and that was her father was back after many centuries. But what happened to the world that they are living in that forced her father to come back from death? But right now, it is not the time to dwell on these unknown questions which she will soon get answers.
She quickly told her Professor that her mother is unwell and needs to take her to the hospital. Thankfully, he brought the excuse and excused her for the rest of the day despite the fact that the classes are coming to an end for that day. Frey quickly borrowed her friend's motorbike keys so she can go fast and reach the Lake just in time. While she was on her way to the Lake, she didn't notice that a shadow was following her for she was lost in her own thoughts.