Just How Sure Are Ye of That?

Mulai dari awal

"Yes!" Peter squeaked, who'd missed out on the camping trip over summer and was deeply excited for one. "I'll be sure to get us loads and loads of food!" He rubbed his hands together eagerly.

James opened his mouth to say enough for Lily too  but he just silently choked on his tongue for trying it and Sirius glanced over at him. "If you were about to suggest bringing Evans along, then you deserved to choke on that flappy thing of yours. It's been too long since it's been just the four of us and the way you two are cozying up, it won't be long before we're stuck with her all the bloody time."

James would have argued but he couldn't.

Remus did it for him. "Didn't stop you when it was us."

"Yes well, you're one of us already aren't you?" Sirius said.

"And Lily isn't? She's only your bloody female doppleganger!" Remus argued, "It's as though James is dating you but with breasts."

James made a face and shook his head firmly no as Sirius made a gagging sound, "Oh you're putrid," Sirius said, pushing Remus, "Gods alive, you sick bastard. Why would you even -- even think that... gaaaag."

Peter leaned in to James as Sirius loudly went off down the corridor, followed by Remus, "I'll get enough for Evans too, don't worry." He smiled and James smiled back, patting Peter on the shoulder.

Downstairs, Lily was waiting for them in the hall.

"It's still not off?" Lily asked, joining James, Remus, and Sirius in the corridor. 

"Nope," Sirius said. "Been pleasantly quiet the last few hours." He smirked as James gave him a particular gesture.

"Did you try finite incantantum?" Lily asked.

"No, we thought that the most obvious spell would be a waste to even try," Sirius rolled his eyes. "What do you think we are? Idiots?"

"Only some of you," Lily answered slyly.

 "Honestly, Lilith Joplin Evans, break another little piece of my heart!"

Lily took James's hand, ignoring Sirius - who was now singing rather loudly as he wiggled his bum and danced down the stairs - "Don't worry, love," she said, looking sadly at James, "It'll be alright. Minnie will fix it."

"Yeah, Minnie will have Garm's head served up on a silver platter," Remus said, sounding amused.

Sirius was too busy singing ("C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon and breaaaaak it! Break another little piece of my heart now baybeyyyy...") to add a comment in.

Lily put her arm around James as they walked, and stroked the back of his neck comfortingly. As she did it, James reckoned the whole ordeal was worth it if Lily would just keep touching his neck like that.

They arrived to the Transfiguration corridor to find that Professor McGonagall was waiting in the hall looking quite stern as they approached. "Late to class! And not just a couple minutes, mind, but a good quarter of an hour! The whole lot of you! Not very good behavior from the Headboy and girl!" Her Scottish accent was always so much thicker when she was angry, and James shied a bit, but Lily gently put her hands on his shoulders and pushed him forward... McGonagall's eyed Lily's hands on James and raised her eyebrow, guessing what his distraction might have been. "What do you have to say for yourself, Mr. Potter?"

"About that, Minnie — he can't really say much of anything, really." Sirius cut in and he proceeded to tell her the whole story about their Defense course and what Garm had done. As he spoke, McGonagall's face grew darker and darker, the lines between her eyes deepening, and her lip getting tighter and more straight with every passing word. Finally, she cut him off as he was recounting his plan to sell tickets to the match of McGonagall v. Garm. "You're a shoe in to win," Sirius said, "D'ya want in early on the betting?"