Chapter 10: Luna: Visions

Luna wished she could sleep peacefully ever since her parent's death.

She wished she didn't have nightmares plaguing her mind.

And like most wishes of hers, it never came true.

Once she fell asleep, the nightmares began. The Visions started, reminding her of her greatest mistake and what was about to come.

The first one formed the familiar mountains surrounding her home, the golden grassy plains, and the breathtaking, clear blue sky. She soon realized she was standing on a ledge of a tall rocky hill with a roaring river far below her. Jagged rocks stuck out of the deep, blue water, threatening to take out anything that met them. The river rushed to the northern part of Ultris near where the City of Ulta, the Capital of Ultris, was.

Vengeful cries came from the bottom of the hill, grabbing her attention. Luna shot her gaze to the bottom of the hill, seeing her mother, Alvara, fighting Hecate with quick and graceful moves. It was almost like watching a dance as her mother fought. Her nimble movements almost hid how strong she was. Her mother may have looked fragile, but she was the greatest warrior on Ultris.  

Luna remembered before her death, Alvara told her that she would be a better warrior than her. It was her destiny to be one of the greatest Gray Jedi Warriors in history. Luna hoped her mother was right.

Alvara lashed at the masked Dark Jedi with a roar. The yellow and red blades hissed at the contact as the woman vile woman leaned forward, tauntingly. The red and yellow light from the lightsabers reflected off of her black, skull-like mask menacingly. The scarlet, ancient Dark Jedi symbols engraved into the mask seem to pop out even more. The most frightening part of her mask were her eyes beneath her visor. Her eyes were the only visible part of her face. Like her lightsabers, Hecate's eyes illuminated a bright, blood red. Every single featured of her mask was burned inside of Luna, haunting her since that day. 

Luna hated being trapped in memory of her mother's death every night. She hated being her younger-self, frightened and useless to save her mother from her fate. Her heart tore every time she felt the coll metal of the Light Amulet around her neck, the last thing her mother ever gave her. Her guilt overwhelmed her as she watched her mother protect her from Hecate. 

"It'sallmyfault.It'sallmyfault.It'sallmyfault.It'sallmyfault," Luna told herself as she watched helplessly. "She's dead and its my fault."

Hecate pushed back Alvara's lightsabers, making her stumble backward. The Dark Jedi then leapt with her lightsabers lifted above her head. When she swung them down, Alvara swiftly blocked the blow before rolling to the side and jumping to her feet. With a deadly roar, Alvara rushed forward and rapidly lashed her lightsabers to push Hecate away from the hill. Luna watched in horror as Hecate dodged and blocked each blow with unimaginable speed. 

Hecate laughed maliciously at Alvara's attacks, "Once I kill you, I'll kill your precious brat and take what's rightfully mine!" She proclaimed with her mask distorting her voice.

Through the Force, Luna felt overwhelmed by Hecate's rage rising. Her parents told her that those that use the dark side feed off their rage to make them stronger in battle. They become more aggressive and their attacks are harder to block. Luna didn't want to believe them, but once she saw Hecate, she did. 

Using her anger, Hecate rapidly attacked Alvara. The quick blows were almost too fast for Alvara to block. Luna's heart hammered against her chest when she realized her mother was getting slower. Alvara was breathing heavily and beads of sweat were running down her face. She was going to die if she didn't end Hecate soon, but Luna knew that her mother was not meant to win.