Chapter 49

The past week was terrible. Complete shit. I left when Rs place when he left, Kage had called him. I packed all my shit after calling Z, knowing he didn't have a dorm mate. After I moved my shit to his dorm I continued my normal life- oy miserable.

Sometimes I stay the night at Dianna and Rachel's dorm when Z has a fling over for the night. I heard it's good to spend time with friends. So far it hasn't worked. R had tried to get me to stay at the house with him too. He told about twenty times the day left to come back but I couldn't. If I were to get over it being with him wouldn't help.

I'm absolutely pissed at him. And sad. How could be do that? Without an explanation!

"I love you too much to keep you."

If he loved me he wouldn't have broken up with me!

It's only been four days. He gives longing looks in the halls and classes. I still talk to him. But most of the time I try to avoid him. Seeing him hurts.

It was fun however to piss him off when he found out I'm living with Z now, even funner when I roam the corridors in skinny jeans and a crop top. It brought happiness seeing him sometimes- cause he looks like shit too. We matched with dark circles under our eyes, empty looks and eyes, I heard from one of his buddies he hasn't been eating much either.

   "Kage!" I screamed. I didnt have the strength to try and break from his gasp. He had caught me leaving Dianna's and threw me over his shoulder. God knows where I'm going.

I didn't bother fighting- even if I could. My lose hair swayed side to side. A few people glanced oddly but didn't look long enough.

  "Now," Kage spoke, sitting me on my feet in Elders office. I paused, only glancing at the same midnight eyes I've missed for a few seconds.

"No." Elder spoke, hard and stern. I've never heard him serious before.

A loud slamming made me jump- which is rare. Rs hand slammed his hand against Elders desk, a crack followed that.

"I'm not sitting another damn day away from her!"

"Would you rather her die!?" Elder yelled back, not as loud as R had. It surprised me that Elder would yell at R, nobody but me, Z, and Kage have. And Z almost died from it!

"She's dying right now! Without me! I'm not letting her or myself suffer again." He growled at his won words. "The only difference is I'm there to protect her and leaving her like you thought was best is killing her, myself, and puts her in more danger cause I'm not there."

I felt like I was intruding on a private conversation. Even if it was about me. Kage didn't seem to mind, he leaned against the wall calmly.

Elder sighed, nodding. "Fine, alright. But not here and you know that."

"We'll go to the kingdom, I have to be there anyways and I'm not leading unless she's right there beside me."

Elder nodded.

"Why?" I questioned, finally speaking up.

R looked at me, his hard gaze softened. How i missed that.

"Because a King doesn't lead without its Queen."

I frowned. "Last time I checked you don't ditch your Queen."

He frowned now. "I didn't want to, Nev."

Kage pipped in. "It's true, he looked like shit and has been complete shit. Since you two split hes been trying to convince Elder to let him be with you again - every. Single. Day."

"Hm."

   "So? Some other ruler, of the four countries wants to over throne you? And me? And by over throning you they came after your weakness, me? Elder thought it'd be better to keep your throne and keep me safe than to put me at risk by staying with you? But you'd rather be with me and able to protect me while keeping the throne and potentially mine?"

R nodded. "I'd rather give up my throne than lose you. But putting it in the hands of a fool we all could die. And no, not potentially. Eventually."

"Howd they threaten my life?" I questioned, sitting in Elders empty chair.

"A picture of you taken at a store and more. They followed you around. Put a price on your head aswell - were not sure if it was sent out to everyone seeing as nobody has said anything about it." Kage explained.

"What was the price?" I questioned, wearily.

R hesitated. "35 Million."

"W-what? Woah...That's, that's a lot..." They nodded.

I couldnt stay mad at R at all, I would've done the same thing if it meant R would be safe.

"So now what?"

R and Kage glanced at each other knowingly. "We go to the kingdom, find the idiot sending threats, crown you my king, and-"

Kage cut R off. "And try and stay alive."

I nodded, sounded like a plan. Just yknow, another person trying to kill me. Only now, trying to jack the throne. But the mystery remains; who is it?

"Sounds easy enough. When do we leave?"

"A month."

I glanced at R, wondering where we stood now. "Together?" I questioned, extending my pinky.

He grinned, extending his own, hooking then together.

"Forever."

"Always." We said in unison.