ch33

Father has demanded my presence, urgently. 

These weren't words that were supposed to be taken lightly. I had an issue with him, a fucking big one, but whenever he asked for me like this, I knew that it was serious. And now I am wondering what is this all about. 

"What could he want?"-Bryan asks as he stands at the staircase while I pull down my hoodie.

"Let me get back at you with that."-I mildly snap at him while I look for my phone. 

I hate when I get dragged back to the underworld right after a great time spent with Evie. Okay, it wasn't that great from the start, but I managed to soften her up after everything she was boiling inside herself. 

This is what I liked about her the most, among some, okay not some, but many other things. She was always thinking, always doing some crazy insane fucked up equations inside her beautiful head for different shit and she always refused to ask for advice or just let some of the steam out. 

I knew something was up with her for the past few weeks. She has been more moody and quiet than usual, and tired too. I did my best not to ask her about it, allowing for her to tell me herself when she wanted to, but today I just snapped. It wasn't my intention to pull it out of her, but I was getting irritated by it lately. 

The reason I avoided asking her was because I knew she'd push and question why I wanted to know that much and I had no answer to that. I had, but it wasn't one that I wanted to voice out and tell her. I was trying to keep things less complicated and less of a mess, but I was having a big fucking hard time doing so. 

She is just too sweet and amazing and friendly and nice and... and good fucking things I can't remember to name right now. It was hard not to like her and it was damn impossible not to let her get under my skin.

Evie had gotten way to closer to me, more than I wanted, but I didn't mind it. If I wanted, no, if I could, I would keep her by my side all the time, but I couldn't. She was still young and it would be wrong of me to get her emotions in a twist and let her come to a decision without giving it much of a though.

Look at me! The demon being a nice guy! Fucking soft of me.

"The last time he called you like this, he sent you here."-Bryan reminds me and drags me out of my thoughts. 

"Yeah, I remember it very fucking vividly, but thanks for the reminder."-I arch an eyebrow at him as I slide my phone in my jean pocket. 

"Look, just keep your temper at bay and don't do anything stupid."-he warns and I scoff.

"I have never lost it in front of him Bryan. Later, privately yes, but never in front of him." He sighs.

"Yes, I know Balthazar. I apologize for my words. I just thought I should warn you in case he wants some other buttons to push." 

"Fuck, I hope he doesn't. I don't know how many buttons there are left before he really gets it."-I sigh irritated

"Balthazar..." I raise my hand and stop him. 

"He won't Bryan. Not right now at least. But he has it coming."-I say with a serious expression. 

Bryan doesn't say another thing, he just nods at my words and watches as I finish getting ready.

"Do you think it's about you being there a few days ago with Evie?"-he adds next and I snap my head towards him with furrowed brows.

"Why would that be?"

"You told me some of his men saw you there." 

"So what? I sent them off and they didn't show up again."