Chapter 27

❃Max's POV❃

I came out the back room, holding my son's hand. He had one of his little action figures in the other, as I threw my purse onto my shoulder.

"Okay, I'm leaving Ty. My rent is on your desk." I said. He nodded as I made my way out the door.

I was leaving early, because I didn't have too many heads to do todag, and it was nearing closing time anyway. I was done with work, now I just had to get Rayan to one of his grandmother's houses, so I can get ready for this "date" tonight. To be perfectly honest, I don't even want to go, but I feel like I have no choice. Knowing who Red is now, it makes me think if I stand him up, he'll do something crazy. He has the power, considering he knows where I work.

I got to my car, opening the door for my son. He climbs in the backseat and I make sure he's buckled, then I shut the door and get into the driver's seat. I buckle up before starting the engine, and that's when I hear my phone go off.

"Mommy, ya phone!" Rayan cheers, as I search for it inside the black hole, which is my purse.

I pick it up, seeing it's a number I don't recognize. It was a text message. I unlock my phone to read the text.

'I hope you didn't forget, we had plans. Wear something sexy ;)'

At first I was confused, but soon realized it must've been from Red himself. Then it dawned on me; I never gave him my number. How is he able to find me?

I shook all that shit off, and headed for Ray's mother's house.

⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜

I sat in the parking lot of the restaurant that was printed on the small card Red gave me. I was feeling nervous, mostly cause I can already seeing ten worse case scenarios of how this "date" would go. But I was also excited, cause I haven't been out in a while, and I wanted an excuse to wear this new dress. Shallow, I know...

I looked in my compact mirror, checking my makeup. I went with a smokey eye and nude colored lips. Once I saw I looked flawless, I stepped out my car and smoothed my red, off the shoulder, dress down, before strutting towards the main entrance. The restaurant itself, seemed extra busy tonight. Almost every table was taken by groups of people. I stood in the small lobby for a good second, before a short female with a cute bun at the top of her head walked up to me.

"Hi, do you have reservation?"

"Well, actually, I'm supposed to be having dinner with someone."

She went behind the desk, looking at her little computer screen.

"Are you Max?"

I nodded and she smiled, coming back around towards me.

"Okay great. Follow me please."

I was confused, but I followed her anyway. She zigzagged through tables until she showed me a booth in the back of the restaurant, where there was very dim lighting, where a man with reddish brown cornrows sat to himself.

"Your host is waiting for you."

I thanked her and she nodded. I took a deep breath, before making my way to the booth, where Red was looking down at his watch, when I got close to the table. I cleared my throat to get his attention. He looked up and smiled.

"For a moment, I thought you ditched me."

He gestured for me to have a seat, and I did. I didn't want to be rude, so I politely smiled.

"No, no, I just had to take care of some things first."

"Well, you're here now. I took the liberty in ordering a drink for you. I think you had a dry martini the last time."