Chapter 21

✠Ray's POV✠

I just left my last stop for the night, and was on my way to the warehouse, so I could collect my money, and just go home. It was a dark, cold, February night and the streets were quiet. I pulled inside the warehouse and parked. I got out and started walking over to Trent, Tipsy and Reggie. They looked like they'd been having a conversation before I pulled up.

"And she came to yo house?"

"Yeah, begging for child support and shit! She know damn well that baby ain't mines!"

They erupted in laughter, until Tipsy saw me first.

"Ray twice. Took you long enough."

"I had to make a stop first." I said, taking the envelops of money out. I slapped them on the table and Reggie took them, counting the money on the small table.

"Oh really? And how is wifey?"

"Wifey? Ray, you married?"

"Hell yeah he's married. And she fine too."

My eyebrows knitted together, showing my expression of curious anger. It's bad enough he got me in this fucked up shit, but now Trent's talking about my wife, like I'm not even here? I used to think we were cool, but now, I just can't trust him.

"What she look like?"

"Don't worry about what my wife looks like. She's my business, not yours." I voiced, grabbing my money out of Tipsy's hand. I started to head to my car, to go home, but somebody came running our way.

"Aye, we got company! Feds at the door!!"

What the fuck?! The Feds?!

"Hide the money!! Burn everything else! And if they start shooting, shoot back!" Tipsy yelled, cocking his gun back.

My first plan was to get in my car, and get the fuck. But once I saw cops coming way, I started running in the opposite direction. I didn't care about anybody but myself in this very moment, as I heard cops yelling and different gun shots going off. My main priority, was coming out this shit alive.

I dodged my way through stacks of boxes, crouching to the floor. My heart beat through my chest at an abnormally fast pace. I felt like someone had been chasing me, but I really wasn't sure. I had my hand on my gun, just in case. Then I figured, it'd probably be best if I didn't try and shoot a cop.

"Ray!"

I looked in the direction of the voice, seeing Trent. He was a few stacks away, his gun in his hand.

"What?!" I called back, over the gunshots.

"We gotta get the hell out of doge!!"

"What about everybody else?!"

"We don't have time to save everybody! Now, c'mon!!"

He came over to me, dragging me behind him. I followed him as he led us safely back to our cars. I quickly got in mine, as he did his own. He called me, and I answered through the bluetooth in my car.

"Nigga, you calling me, and police raiding us and shit?!?" I yelled, feeling like I was having a panic attack. I've never been shot at before, and it wasn't something I'd want to experience again.

"Shut up! Just follow my car out the building, and if you see any opps, shoot they asses!!" He protested, before hanging up. He quickly sped away, and I later caught up. It was like we were drag racing out the warehouse, zipping past cops and Red's goons, knocking over boxes. It was so crazy, a small fire started some kind of how. To say I was scared, would be the biggest understatement. I was terrified.