Chapter 18

❃Max's POV❃

"Ray, where are you?!" I yelled into my phone. He hadn't answered, and it went straight to voicemail.

"You got everybody here waiting for you. We threw this party for you, and you not even here!"

His mother and I planned this birthday dinner, for him, and he's not even here.

I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Just hurry up and get here." I angrily hung up the phone, and fixed myself, before leaving the bathroom. I smoothed down my dress and walked back to our table.

"Is everything alright, sweetie?" Keisha asked me. I falsely smiled, nodding my head.

"Yes mom, everything's fine."

"Well, is he at least close?"

Thinking fast, I lied.

"He just said he'd be here soon."

She just nodded, a worried look on her face. I sighed it off, looking down at my plate and not really feeling hungry. Mama, who had been feeding Rayan, looked at me with concern. All these people who'd came to celebrate Ray's twenty-sixth birthday, and he's not even here. Typical.

⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜

Shutting the door angirly, I tore off my earrings and my shoes. I threw my purse on the couch and began to remove my white blazer.

"Thanks for the shutting the door on me."

Not even feeling like hearing his voice at the moment, I took the stuff in my hands and stormed upstairs. I could hear the front door being shut, as I threw my shoes in the closet, followed by putting my earrings away.

"Max...."

I didn't say anything, just took off my few braclets, and one necklace.

"Max, I said I was sorry."

He tried to approach me, but I pushed around him, and acted like I was going into the bathroom to look for something.

"Baby, can you at least talk to me?"

"And say what, how pissed I am at you?!" I yelled, closing the sink cabinet, and walking back out the bathroom. Ray stood by the doorframe, watching my every move.

"I said I was sorry, alright?! I lost track of time, I had gotten caught up wi-"

"Caught up with what?! It was a fucking birthday dinner, for your dumb ass, and you didn't even have the decency to show up!"

"You won't even hear me out!!"

"What is there to 'hear out'?! You been over some random bitches house, or some shit?!" I got all in his face, pointing my finger. The hood in me had to come out.

His eyes rolled, as he blew air out his mouth.

"No, I haven't been to some bitches house! You the only woman I sleep with, damnit, when you gon understand that!!"

"When you stop telling me, and start showing me!"

Before he could say anything else, I could hear Rayan crying from his room. I moved past Ray, to go check on my son. He was standing up in his crib, crying his little eyes out. I went to pick him up, trying to rock him to sleep all while shushing him.

"It's okay, Lil' Man, mommy's hear...." I whispered in his sensitive ears. He just kept crying, making me worried, something else was wrong with him.

"Let me try."

Ray came up from behind me, his arms out and open. I looked at him like he was stupid, as if I was about to give him my child.