Chapter One - Home sweet Home

Scarlett's pov

It's been three years since I lived in America. I decided that now my aunt and uncle were dead that I would move back to take care of my siblings. One of the coven leaders had recently died and I was like a daughter to him since he didn't have family. He left me everything of his. Money, houses, grimores he's collected over the years. I had about 50 billion in my bank account. I took his favorite car with me back to America. It was my favorite. Anyhow. I had help with my trunk. The men put my bags in my guy and wish me a good day. My trunk had all my witch supplies I've collect over the last three years. The coven leaders had told me from time to time that I was more powerful than the Bennett witchline that was in America. I was shocked to know my sisters best friends family was of the magic bloodline. Anyways I got in my car and drove to my child hood home. It was the summer before senior year. I hadn't told my twin or my brother I was coming home. I was gonna surprise them. When I got home it was vacant. So I got everything inside and unpacked. I than started cooking. My twin walked into the kitchen with a man and she squealed.

"Scarly!" She shrieked and tackled me making me laugh and hug my sister.

"Hello, love. So my surprise was good?" I asked and she nodded into my neck sniffling.

"Oi, are you crying?" I asked pulling away concerned.

"Happy tears." She sniffled and I wiped her eyes.

"Scarlett, this is Alaric he dated Jenna." Elena said and I nodded and shook his hand.

"Where the bloody hell is Remy?" I asked making her giggle as she set the table.

"He's working at the grill." Alaric said making me nod.

"How's he holding up? He had called when Vicki was found dead than called when Jenna and John passed." I said grabbing the scotch I chilled in the freezer.

"He's fine. He's quiet again." Elena said and I nodded.

"And how are you two?" I asked making them give me a small smile.

"We're good. We're getting passed it and moving on from it." She explained and I smiled.

"Good." I said and handed Alaric a glass of Scotch and took a sip of my and splashed a dash of Scotch on the Chicken.

"Since when can you cook?" Elena asked as she came to my side.

"I met a guy that played the roll of a father figure. He was a world's famous chief and taught. I have many of his recipes. He passed about a month before the summer started. Left me everything in his will for he had no family that's needed it." I said and she gave my hand squeeze.

"I'm home. What smells so good?" Remy called out and I ducked around the wall. Alaric had taken my spot by the stove.