I was regretting the purpose I had as a driving force. Never claimed I was a good person, but this was a totally another level of self loathing I was delving into.

Gathering my books, I decided to leave the library and head to the classroom, where Karan had stopped cracking stupid jokes, and Vansh had gone into the silent mode. Even if anyone had sensed the tension, no one had asked about it.

Karan was leaving the Psychology classroom, and had spotted me. His face had turned into an ugly expression, one which used to pleasure my sadist self long ago. Now, I wasn't sure if I was numb anymore.

Behind him, Mr. Gaur had caught my eye too, but he went back inside his classroom just as quickly.

¿¤?

I was fixing my hair in the Girls Washroom, when Avni emerged out of the cubicle exactly behind me. "Hey."

I forced a smile for her greeting, "Sup?"

She stood beside me, turning on the tap. "The usual. Eleventh is stressing me out. What about you?"

"I'd cut-copy-paste your words," I said, pinning a few strands of my hair into place.

She giggled. "Can I ask you something?"

I raised my eyebrow, "Sure, but please don't ask anything related to academics, because I'm really dumb."

"Join my league," she waved it off. "So, uhm, not to sound like a boy-crazy teenager... but is Karan alright?"

I gulped, "Why don't you ask him that?"

"Trust me, I did. He seems to be in a pitchy mood."

I turned to her, placing my hand on her shoulder. "Tag him in dog-memes next time. He'll be alright."

Or will he?

"So he told you? About the cat memes?" She was embarrassed.

"Oops?" I gave her a sheepish grin. "But don't worry, if anything, he was riding his high horse when you kept him in your pedestal. Stop boosting his ego, girl!"

She laughed with me, "You know, excusing your whole bitchy first impression, you really are good to be around."

I wished I could tell her how differently her crush thought.

¿¤?

"Rajma hai," Arnav pointed my plate with his eyes. "Tera favourite. Fir chehra itna utra hua kyu?"

I stopped toying with my spoon to glance up. "Kuchh nahi."

"Kuchh tho hai... Are you stressed about tomorrow's class test?"

I didn't even know we were having one to begin with, "Yep. Maine kuchh nahi padha hai."

I glanced at his empty plate, and then back at mine.

"Don't even think about it, mera pet bhar chuka hai!"

"Apni pyaari behen ke liye itta sa bhi nahi karega?"

He snorted, standing up and walked to the kitchen. Emerging out, he informed me he'd be in his room if I needed his help studying.

And then I was alone again. So to maintain my sanity, I repeated his steps, and treaded to my room.

But then, I stopped. Arnav was in the balcony, talking to someone. In a hushed and worried tone.

I had an inkling about who it might have been on the receiving end, but I didn't want to believe my instinct.

I was leaning against his door when he came back, and was shocked to see me.

"Kaun tha, Arnav?"

He looked at me for a long while before clearing his throat. "Ritwik. Ritwik thha. Chemistry me doubt thha use."

Maybe it was the vulnerabilty in my voice that made him lie. Or maybe it was his indecisiveness.

Or maybe, he believed that I was a manipulative bitch, too.

_____

Namoshtaii!

Did anyone recognize Keith Mcwell in the previous chapter? No? Pls do not investigate further on that issue then. I'm begging you.

Also, how was your Diwali? All I did was try making rangolis w my neighbour. What we actually did was a masterpiece of a mess. It's still there, I'm sure the cleaners are still wondering what the hell it was supposed to signify xD

So a few days ago I requested an aesthetic for Arvika on Ethereal, a graphic shop by @N-infamous. They were amazing, make sure you check it out. The link is in my latest message board update, and you can also find it in my Reading list called 《《shooketh》》.

I was going to update yesterday, but then I then I saw the calendar, and realised Friday's the next day(!). So here I am. You can expect a Saturday update tomorrow, though.

Anyways, read, vote, comment and promote!

~emcee.