"Bye..."

I stood still as the door clicked shut, before walking further into the mass strings of balloons. What? Huh? Maybe this was Will's surprise?

I felt two hands close over my eyes, causing me to jump in fright.

"Happy Birthday Valerie," the familiar sexy voice spoke softly. I relaxed my shoulders as I melted into him.

Carter.

He released me, so I could turn around as he shot me a beautiful smile. I grinned ecstatically before jumping into him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He lifted my feet up from the ground, as he spun us around in a circle. I kissed him on the lips, bringing my hand to wrap around his face. He held onto my body tenderly as he moved our lips together, igniting the neverending fireworks between us.

"Thank you so much Carter," I whispered with love and gratitude shining in my eyes.

"You're welcome princess," he pecked me once more on the lips, before taking my hand and lead me to sit on the couch. "Let's open your presents."

I picked up the gorgeous bouquet to admire the exotic flowers. Each of these were very expensive on their own, I can't imagine how much this whole arrangement was worth.

"They're so beautiful Carter," I peered up at him from amidst the petals I held close to my face.

"Only the best for you." He smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind my head.

I'm in a dream. That's got to be it. That's the only explanation.

"Here." He handed me the paper bag. I looked at it curiously before opening it up to get a strong whiff of baked goods. Drool!

"Your brunch," he chuckled.

"How did you know?" I grinned at him. So he got me food too. WINNER. I picked out one of the almond croissants before taking a bite of the flaky, buttery pastry. Oh my god. These are heavenly. I am definitely in a dream.

"Ell said you always sleep in on your birthday, and I know these are your favorite."

"Thankyou!" I jumped up and down on the couch before giving him another hug. I downed another croissant, moaning at each bite before he picked up another present.

"You've already gotten me too much Carter," I said, holding the gift box in my hands.

"This is the last one," he chuckled. "I think." He added, as I narrowed my eyes at him.

I played with the cute frilly bow on top, before lifting up the lid of the foiled gift box. I picked out the card to read first, sliding the envelope open slowly to slip out the card inside. It was a beautiful blush and ivory design with 22 on top and a floral pattern. Totally my style. He knows me so well.

Dear Valerie,

I hope you have the most amazing day today.
I am so thankful to have met you and be lucky enough to know you.
I really hope you like your gifts, and I hope I have made you as happy as you make me.
You deserve everything and more.

Happy Birthday.

Love, Carter.

I bit my lip as my eyes became glassy at his beautiful and sweet words. This is possibly the closest thing to a love note that I've ever received. It was so deeply touching. Best present ever.

I swallowed a lump in my throat as the thought dawned upon me.

There was no doubt in my mind about it now.

I'm in love with him.

I'm in love with Carter Bryson.

"Baby?" he nudged me gently, breaking me out of my current emotional state.

"Carter... I, this is so sweet." I whispered holding back the tears from spilling. "Thank you, you make me really happy." I pulled him into a tight hug, not wanting to let go of this amazing human being that has set foot into my otherwise dull life. He was the missing color in my black and white story.

"You haven't opened it yet," he murmured amusedly as I clung to him like a koala.

"I know, but I might cry because of you and everything." I mumbled, buried into his neck.

"Good cry?" He asked me as he stroked my hair.

"Mhmm," I nodded as I pulled back, calming myself down.

I set down the card, before returning my attention to the tissue paper-filled box. Inside sat a photo frame with a picture of stunning, crystal clear water, a sandy white beach and an overwater hut bungalow. I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion at the random gift before turning back to him. Maybe he wanted to return the favour and give me some home decor too?

"This is really pretty but I gotta say, I think those croissants topped this one." I chuckled honestly, before pecking him on the cheek. "Thankyou, I really appreciate it though." I smiled.

He burst into laughter as mirth danced in his eyes, whilst I sat there confused.

"You're damn adorable. Look back down in the box Val," he gestured to me.

Following his direction, I peered down into the box again, noticing that there were two bits of paper on the bottom. I picked one up carefully to read what it was.

My heart dropped. Again. He's really gotta stop doing that to me.

"Stop," I gaped at him, eyes wide.

"Wait is this...? Oh my...did you?" I stuttered mind blank, as I picked up the photo frame again, suddenly everything clicking into place.

"These are plane tickets to Bora Bora, Carter!" I shouted in disbelief.

"They are Valerie," he nodded slowly, "I want to take you there, if you'd like to go with me."

My jaw was wide open catching flies as the information registered in my mind.

"You're taking me to Bora Bora?" I squeaked.

"Yeah, everything's all sorted out. We just have to pack and go."

"Oh my gosh you didn't," I whispered, completely shocked.

Carter grabbed onto my hand comfortingly as he looked at me anxiously. My eyes welled up with tears. I can't believe he did all this for me. I threw myself to him once more, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck as I let a few teardrops fall.

"Thankyou Carter, I don't know what to say. It's...gosh, you're...you're so amazing." I said softly.

"You're welcome Valerie," he kissed me on the forehead. "Does this mean you like it?" He asked gently, wiping away a tear from my cheek.

A small smile broke out onto my face as I nodded quickly. "I love it. I can't thank you enough. It's too much."

"I'm glad," he smiled, kissing me on the lips.

I'm so in love with Carter Bryson.

How could I not be?