Chapter 17

"It should be on the 1st of this month. Surely that will be enough time for her to practice cues and what not?" The manager in charge of events asked, earning nods from some others before attention was turned to me.

I shook my head and fidgeted with my thumb, my eyes scanning over my mother's signature.

"We can do it on [mothers birthday]." I stated firmly, with no compassion in my voice let alone the expression that could match it. I sat with my arms crossed and my eyelids closed as I attempted to calm myself down in my stressful surroundings.

"W-Well that's only a week-"

"I can do it tomorrow," I challenged while opening my eyes and glaring at the manager before sighing, "I know what I'm doing. And I know that you all know that I am way more capable than you anticipated. So take my advice and make it that date."

I stood up from my chair and stormed out of the room in a huff, removing myself before I became more agitated and snapped at one of them. Although they knew what they were doing and were more than capable of doing their job, it seemed as though they had some issues trying to listen to simple requests.

I felt as if I had to argue over what I wanted to do with my career.

I turned around the corner and noticed Yoongi sitting down on the floor with a small ball of fluff running circles between his legs as he held a stick with a small ball at the end of it just out of the creatures reach.

"What on earth is that?" I questioned as I watched him with curiosity, Yoongi looked up to me quietly as the small black ball's attention turned to me and quickly made an advance towards my feet.

"That's Taehyung's puppy, Yeontan." He replied with a smirk as he watched me jump up onto a nearby chair to escape the wrath of the little pup. Alerted by his energy, I gently knelt down and peaked over the edge of the chair to see Yeontan sitting with his tongue wagging out of his mouth and bright eyes staring right back up at me.

"Lively one, isn't he?" I questioned, watching as Yoongi stood and came to my rescue to retrieve the runaway.

"Taehyung-ah has gone out for the day and asked me to take care of him, and all of my energy has been drained from playing." As if he knew he was the cause, Yeontan let out a yap and wagged his tail between Yoongi's arms.

"Sounds exciting.." I mumbled as I crawled down from the chair and stood with my arms crossed while watching the puppy closely as he comfortably sat in Yoongi's embrace.

"It really isn't. He reminds me of my dog, Holly." Yoongi paused before looking up at me with a small grin, "want to help me out with him? I could use your stamina cause I sure as hell don't have any left."

I chuckled before agreeing with Yoongi. We walked towards Yoongi's bedroom and opened the door to a very clean and tidy room. A keyboard sat in the corner of his room while a window revealed the bustling city below the company building.

"I like the view," I said with a smile as I leaned on the window sill and peered out, Yoongi sighed before closing the door and placing the very energetic Yeontan down onto the carpet before he went over and sat at his keyboard.

"This room isn't anything special at all." He mumbled before he pressed down on one of the keys, earning the attention of Yeontan as he immediately sat down on the floor and looked up to Yoongi with interest as the note reached his ears.

Yoongi's eyes widened slightly as he saw the puppy's obedient reaction to the keyboard. He turned and pressed another key, which made Yeontan lay down on the carpet floor with his chin tucked above his paws.

Yoongi looked to me with a smile, that bright and gummy smile that always managed to make my heart pound in my chest. He turned and proceed to play a soft tune. I lay down on his bed, listening to the beautiful tune he was able to create by gliding his fingers effortlessly against the keys.

Turning for a moment, Yeontan saw me laying on the bed and proceeded to jump up onto the mattress, curling up into a small ball next to my stomach as I lay on my side. My arm propped my head up as I faced Yoongi- listening to his beautiful melody.

Soon my eyelids were shutting and so were Yeontan's, drifting off into the gentle dream world.

Eventually after finishing playing he pushed out the chair and turned around slowly, "that song is a w-" he saw that Yeontan and I were set in a deep slumber by his graceful notes. Feeling rather drained himself, Yoongi stood and slowly walked towards his bed.

It was against his morals, sleeping in the same bed as another person without them knowing. Surely it would be worse if the person was a woman as well. A woman that he admired so much.

"Come.." I mumbled to him with my hand patting the side of the bed- anxiously awaiting his presence. Yoongi took in a sharp breath before carefully laying down beside me, Yeontan the only thing between the two of us.

"You're warm..." I whispered to him as I gently pressed our foreheads together, my hand gingerly resting against his cheek as I felt the comfort that he provided.

"No matter how cold I may seem..." Yoongi began with a quiet whisper, his hand gently resting on top of my own,

"I'll always be warm, for you."