Chapter 4

"Time to work on the new album. Please construct as many lyric drafts as you can do we can look over and finalise them. Thank you!" As one of the editors left my recording studio I slumped at my desk and let out a heavy sigh.

"Lyric drafts...? Editors..? Ah this is making my head hurt.." I rubbed my temples and let out an irritated grunt of frustration. I wasn't so used to having orders given to me, but I guess that is what happens when you become an idol. There are deadlines that need to be filled.

I already had some of my songs that I had written before, I could hand them in of course but I need to be able to come up with some new songs. I need inspiration..

"Knock Knock!" I heard a voice say from my doorway. I turned and faced the voice, suddenly stunned stiff as my eyes met Kim Namjoon's.

"Oh hey!" I blurted out and stood as I bowed my head, "my name is Hong (Y/N)..." I stood back up and watched as Yoongi pushed past Namjoon and allowed himself to rummage through my drafts,

"You're meant to say 'pleased to meet you' you'll need to work on your manners." Yoongi commented, earning a head shake from Namjoon.

'You're one to talk about good manners!' I thought to myself and rolled my eyes silently.

"We are here to see if you've come up with anything new yet, and if you needed some advice at all from fellow rappers." Namjoon rubbed the back of his head and shyly chuckled which caused his famous dimples to appear.

With a 'tch' from Yoongi he sat himself down at the keyboard and read from the sheet of music I had prepared from one of my older songs.

"Help yourself-" I mumbled as I saw Yoongi was indeed taking this opportunity as he began to gently play the melody I had prepared.

"Do you have an album name yet?" Namjoon asked as he leant against the table beside Yoongi and began reading my lyric sheet.

"No, I don't have that many songs to go off to make one yet..." I said and sat back in my wheely chair as I rocked from side to side while facing Namjoon and having the pleasant view of Yoongi's back to me.

"What about a stage name? Have you thought about that at all?" Yoongi suddenly piped into the conversation and I leant back as I crossed my arms. I wasn't nervous about saying it, but at the same time I'm fairly certain it was meant as an insult toward me.

"I do have one...but I'm not sure if I'll go with it." I mumbled before I rubbed my palms against my eyes, "it's 'Rookie'...." I said with a slight waver in my voice.

Yoongi's fingers ceased gliding over the keyboard as his eyes turned and looked at me with a suggestive glance. "Rookie" He parroted back to me and I nodded.

"Yes, the same thing you called me when we first met." I reminded him and Yoongi turned his body all the way around to face me. His eyes were full of something I couldn't explain. Anger, annoyance, yet there as a subtle sparkle of mischief and curiosity as his eyes scanned over my own expression.

"Rookie-" Namjoon repeated to clear the sensitive silence, "I really like it! You should totally go with that, also make your album name self-titled!"

Yoongi shot Namjoon a glare and shook his head, "then she would be copying Agust D." He spat.

"Does that mean you copied the their millions of artist who have done the same thing?" I asked him, crossing my arms and raising my eyebrow at him as if to say 'Challenge me, I dare you.'

Yoongi's stone cold glare rested up on me, his bottom lip being nibbled in annoyance by his front teeth. He suddenly stood up from the keyboard, and walked toward me- standing inches from my face.

He leaned down toward me, his eyebrows furrowed angrily as his lips curved downward. "Don't make an enemy of me Hong," He snarled at me and pierced through my soul with his gaze, "I will not make things easy for you." And with that he backed away and barked out the door just as Kim Seokjin was walking in.

"Ah what did you say now Namjoon?" Jin asked as he placed his hands upon his hips, raising his eyebrow at the man who was leaning against the desk.

"Me? I didn't do anything! Yoongi is acting childish- I've never seen him like this before!" He sighed and looked to the floor in silence. I awkwardly clears my throat and rubbed my arm,

"Sorry if I caused anything...I'm not exactly sure what I've done but if I've offended him I'll gladly apologise-" Jin's windshield wiper laughter interrupted me and he waved his hands as he reached for Namjoon.

"Oh really don't worry about Yoongi. He is always cold to the new people he meets. I'm sure he will warm up to you eventually!" Jin spoke words of encouragement and I offered a relieved but forced smile.

"I hope that is the case." I told them both.

After saying goodbye, Jin and Namjoon left the recording studio and closed the door quietly behind them. I slumped in front of the keyboard and slammed my forehead against the keys- making a horrible tune echo through the room.

"This is going to be interesting." I groaned out loud and let out a heavy sigh.