Chapter Seven : It's A Date

Start from the beginning

-

"Looks like your date has arrived." Beatrice said.

"My date?" I asked as I looked up to see Demarco, who was wearing a navy blue dress shirt and jeans.

"What a gorgeous man." Beatrice said.

"Hey, Cèline. How are you, Beatrice?" Demarco asked. I nodded.

"I'm wonderful." Beatrice answered.

"That's good. Do you mind, if I steal Cèline away from you?" He asked with a beautiful smile. I almost forgot how to speak.

"No, go right ahead. Have fun you two." Beatrice replied, walking away.

"You look amazing." He said and gave me a hug. I could literally feel my heart skip a beat.

"Thank you, you look handsome." I said as we started walking together looking around. There were tons of booths set up to and games to win prizes.

"Wow this place is pretty awesome!" Demarco said looking around. "I've never been to a carnival before." He smiled. "Do we need to get tickets or something?" He asked.

"Oh, no, tonight is unlimited rides, games, music and food." I smiled.

"Hey Cèline!" Ellie exclaimed walking up to me with her fiancee, Caspar.

"Hey Ellie, hey Caspar." I said.

"Hey Cèline." Caspar said giving me a side hug.

"Are you guys on a date?" Ellie asked.

"No." I answered.

"Yes." Demarco answered.

"I don't know." I said.

"It's a date." He said.

"You guys are so cute." Ellie said.

"Thank you, Ellie." Demarco said as he grabbed my hand.

"Have fun, I'm starving. Let's go, Cas." Ellie said dragging Caspar away.

"Is she always like that?" He asked.

"Yes, and what do you mean this is a date?" I replied.

"We both know we have feelings for each other so I'm acting on them. This is our first date." He said.

"I do not know what you're talking, Demarco." I said.

"Yes, you do, princess." He said.

"Demarco-"

"The question, love, is whether you want me enough to take a risk?" He asked.

"Why me?" I asked.

"I've wanted you from the moment we met, and if you think standing next to me in your dress doesn't overwhelm me with desire, you're very wrong. I just don't force myself where I'm not invited." He said.

"Okay." I said speechless.

"Speak up, princess." He said.

"What if you find someone else?" I asked.

"God knows, I don't want anyone but you. I don't even want to want anyone but you." He reached out, trailed his fingers lightly through my hair, fingertips brushing my cheek.

My voice had sunk to a whisper. "I don't want anyone but you, either." I said.

"Then you're mine, princess." He said.

-

We talked for like twenty minutes or so and then we decided to walk around. We kept walking and looking at all of the rides. One was flying people into the air and twisting them as it swung from left to right. We both stood their silent watching as people screamed.

"We're not trying that." He said.

"Agreed." I said as we moved on to the next ride.

"Bumper cars?" He suggested.

"Okay, let's go." I said.

We got in our own individual cars. "I'm going to get you!" He said with a flirty smile.

"Watch out!" I said with a sneaky look.

He laughed. The ride started and we were chasing each other to bump into one another. Demarco bumped my car as I skidded into the side rail with a bang.

"That was mean." I yelled.

"How about this one?" He asked bumping into me again.

"Hey!" I shouted with a laugh.

As I backed up hitting him from behind. We got off the ride and he put his arm around me as we laughed.

"That was fun, but I'm extremely dizzy." He laughed.

"Let's go and ride the Ferris wheel." I suggested. Demarco agreed, hurrying off to the ride. We took a seat. When it started moving I yelped and clung onto Demarco now completely forgotten that I was afraid of heights.

"It's completely safe, Cèline." Demarco said.

"Heights. I'm afraid of heights." I said.

Demarco traced patterns over my hand, smiling happily.

"Don't worry, I've got you." Demarco teased.

The Ferris wheel continued to turn, it really had been a wonderful night.