1

"Mama did you see who moved in next door he's smoking" I say. "Now hun what did I say about boys" " no mama look he's- oh my god" I run outside and I grab the hose. When I get closer to him I spray him.

He screams " woah hay STAP it's fake it's FAKE" he says trying to shield the water. "Oh my gosh oh my gosh I'm SO sorry I-I th-th"
He cuts me off " I know I know"
"Can you uh give me a towel?" He asks shivering.

"I'm so sorry" I run into my house and into the nearest bathroom. I grab two towels.
After running down the stairs I stare at the boy, wow desi this boy is over here shivering and I'm just staring at him. I snap out of my thought.
"Here" I hand him the towels
"Took you long enough it's freezing out here" he says while he fixes his curls. "So what's your name?" He asks me.
"Oh desi yours?"
"Diego"
"Well Diego I'm sorry for spraying you" I tell him.
He jumps up "my video!"
"Video?" I trail after him.
He picks up his phone, " oh my gosh I can't believe I got that on video" he jumps up and down.
"Hey desi would you like to come over?" He asks.
I nod and I follow him to his house, he leads me to his room.
I watch as he sets up his phone,
"What are you doing?" I ask
"Going live duh" he sits down and motions me to sit next to him.
I plop next to him and he starts the live,
"Hey guys"
Comments roll in like crazy he reads a couple,
"This is desi my next door neighbor" I smile. We talked and answered some questions, Diego guests this girl. "Diego baby I miss you so much I can't wait to see you" she says " I know I miss you too it's been hard without you, I can't wait to see you tomorrow" he smiles. I guess there dating. I sit there awkwardly waiting until there conversation is over.
Diego ends his live and we talk.
I got to know him pretty well,
Turns out that was his girlfriend.

Diego turns on Netflix and we watch friends. After awhile my eyes get heavy and I'm out.

*ring ring*
I groan and slightly move I try to get up but there's an arm around my waist, carefully I pull his arm off and I pick up the ringing phone
"Hello" I answer not checking who it is.
"Diego baby I'm outside can you come open the door"
I panic and in my deepest voice I say "ok"
I shake deigo but he doesn't budge.
"Diego!" I yell while shaking him.
"What" he groans "your girlfriend is outside get up" I wack him with a pillow. "Oh my fuck" he gets up and throws on a shirt " uh desi can you do me a huge favor PLEASE" I nod. " can you hide in the closet dev is going to flip if she sees you" before I reply I'm being shoved into a closet.
Diego runs out of the room and then seconds later he walks in with a girl.
"Oh Diego I missed you so much, now about that ring you gave me, I want a new one, a bigger one, one with more value" she complains. "But baby i already gave you five thousand last week" he replies. " ugh how dare you" she slaps him " we are over! Just to let you know I was cheating on you" she punches him hard. He falls back. I push myself out of the closet. "Listen here you gold digger, don't ever lay a hand on him again" I yell. " haha what are you going to do about it" she says.
I scream and yell in Spanish "get out you little whore or I will go full mom on your ass, Diego is an amazing guy and anyone will be lucky to have him" I grab a shoe and I throw it at her, she slowly backs up then full on runs out of the house. I still yell things at her.
Diego wraps his arms around me I turn around and hugs him
"I'm sorry she did that she didn't deserve you" he sniffles. " sh-she was my everything I love her so much" he sobs.
" I know Diego I know" i hold him
We lay down.
He soon falls asleep, I slowly unwrap my arms, after I'm untangled I cover him up and I leave.
" Mija were we're you!" My mother yells when I walk through the door. "Don't worry mama I was with Diego"
"ALL NIGHT get to your room I'm done"
I run to my room and I lock my door.
My mom could be scary sometimes.
I hear my mom yell and then a door slam. I look out my window to see a sad looking boy. Oh no that's Diego. I open my balcony door and I step outside.
"Diego!" I yell.
Soon he comes out with tears down his face. "Do you really hate me? Do you really think that?"
"Diego what are you talking about?"
"Your mom"
I sigh. "Diego I'm coming over" I step back and then I jump to his side.

I grab his arm and I pull him into his room " desi stop leave me alone" he whines. "No you need to here me out."
" Diego I don't hate you, your an amazing guy, and whatever my mom said is not true she gets over protective sometimes because of my past"
He hugs me. " I got to go before my mom comes and checks on me, here's my number and I'll talk to her.