Part of Me (continuation)

I opened my eyes and was about to close it again because of brightness, dazzling my eyes.

"What is your dream?" I heard him ask. I opened my eyes completely and saw the view of a clear blue sky. We're both lying down on the grass, the sun was up and it was shining perfectly.

"Mmh, I don't know. When I was 6, I wanted to be a singer but discovered that I sounded like a goat when I was 8, so I just changed it and dreamt of being a chef instead." I heard him chuckle at my confession. "But when I turned 10, I realized that pasta and cupcakes must not be the only dish that a chef should know how to cook. So when I turned 12, I just stuck at the dream of being a popular and inspiring dancer and actress someday." I said then I turned my head and saw his dimple appear again.

"But then, I turned 16 and I realized that I fell in love with my bestfriend. So my dream changed again."

"You didn't want to be an inspiring and popular dancer and actress anymore?" He looked at me and I could see the redness of his cheeks and the smile that he's trying to hide.

I smirked shook my head. "My dream changed. I told myself that someday, I want to be an inspiring and popular dancer and actress but I want you to be with me in reaching every one of those dreams." 

We both looked at each other then we both giggled, as the heat crawled up in our faces.

"What about you, what's your dream?" I asked him then he returned his gaze above the clouds.

"For your dreams to come true."

I smiled at him. I don't know what I did to deserve him. I quickly gave him a peck on his dimples then he looked at me with amusement and tried kiss me back but I ran away, causing him to chase me.

I closed my eyes and when I opened it, I was in that place.

The dance studio that we used to rent almost every day to create art.

"I wanna go home. I don't wanna do this anymore!" I complained. We're trying to create new dance steps, trying to create a new art. At first, it was fun. But then pressure crawled in, he's been asking me if his idea was okay I can't say if it is or not.

"You said, you want us to create something with this song so you have to bear with me and stop your goddamn complains!"  I got startled when he shouted and I saw the guilt in his eyes immediately after seeing my reaction.

I did not say anything and picked up my back pack to leave, but before I could twist the door knob, he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I-I'm sorry, Kayc. I didn't mean to shout at you." I could hear sincerity in his voice then I started to cry.

"Please, don't cry. Kaycee, please." He sounded so pained. "I'm more than hurt seeing you cry." He brushed the tear drops off of my cheek with his thumb.

"Come here." He held my hand and gently pulled me with him as we walk up to his laptop and set the music.

Look at you, kids, with your vintage music
Comin' through satellites while cruisin'